KES 11.X - Microsoft Recommended Exclusions from Scanning

I guess that you could open a ticket to Companyaccount portal asking for that,  but i’m not sure support team may share this info. Anyway you can approach this topic from another point of view: install KES for Windows and verify if everything is fine on your system; if yes, maybe an embedded exclusion already did its job; if not, you might manually add executables or\and other files to the trusted zone. 

Cesare

KES 11 is interfering with Outlook 2016 OST file.  Turning Kaspersky off and Outlook opens normally.  The path for the file is C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\username@mcstamp.com.ost

username changes for each user of course.  I have added %user% for the username and added the file and path to the exclusion list and continuing testing.

Well, i suggest you to try to understand whick RTP module is causing the problem. You can firstly try to stop Mail Threat Protection (my favourite guilty!), then, if this does not fix the problem, you can proceed with File Threat Protection and so on. Since you’re working with Outlook (which KES version are you working with?) you may try playing with Outlook extension settings as well...maybe by avoiding to enable “Scan when reading” option might help you

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

The default Microsoft Exclusions are included automatically but they are now hard coded and therefore hidden. If you have Microsoft applications installed in a non-standard or non-default folder, you may need to add additional exclusions locally or in the policy of KES.

Kind regards.