Kaspersky TS blocking Pro Writing Aid - cannot fix

Sir Caramel
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

OS - Win 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3636

Kaspersky Total Security - 21.3.10.391

When I open Pro Writing Aid, I get this error message. After countless reinstalls and log checks, I finally did a network reset. No change. It was only when I shut down KTS and launched the app that it finally worked.

Looked at changing firewall setting/application rules , but Pro Writing Aid is not listed anywhere, just the install msi, so don't know what to do. Is there any way of adding the Pro Writing Aid exe to the application rules?

image.thumb.png.8979689bc8e2f4e3efa5345437e6bb3c.png

• Solution
1 hour ago, Sir Caramel said:

OS - Win 10 Pro 22H2 19045.3636, Kaspersky Total Security - 21.3.10.391

When I open Pro Writing Aid, I get this error message. After countless reinstalls and log checks, I finally did a network reset. No change. It was only when I shut down KTS and launched the app that it finally worked. 

Looked at changing firewall setting/application rules , but Pro Writing Aid is not listed anywhere, just the install msi, so don't know what to do. Is there any way of adding the Pro Writing Aid exe to the application rules?

Hello @Sir Caramel

Welcome!

👉Upgrade (free) to Kaspersky Plus, use guide by Danila T: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ -> then recheck the issue? 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resources

On 11/3/2023 at 1:29 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Sir Caramel

Welcome!

👉Upgrade (free) to Kaspersky Plus, use guide by Danila T: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ -> then recheck the issue? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I installed Kaspersky Plus and the situation is now resolved. Again, thank you.

On another matter, why is the change from TS to Kaspersky Plus termed an upgrade? I've lost functionality and gained one or two things I don't need. It's a sidegrade at best, a downgrade in real terms for me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sir Caramel said:
  1. Thank you for your reply. I installed Kaspersky Plus and the situation is now resolved. Again, thank you.
  2. On another matter, why is the change from TS to Kaspersky Plus termed an upgrade?
  3. I've lost functionality and gained one or two things I don't need. It's a sidegrade at best, a downgrade in real terms for me.

Hello @Sir Caramel

Thank you for posting back!

1. We're delighted to read the issue is resolved, well done👏
  2. KTS is from Kaspersky's *old* sofware range, KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC will eventally reach planned obsolescence; Kaspersky have rolled out a *new* software range, Kaspersky Plus, is one of the products, from the range, KTS is it's *equivalent*, as explained in the documentation we provided, in our first reply: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ
  3. Re: "lost functionality" - as there's no *detailed* information, we'll take 3. as a comment, alternatively, if it's an issue that needs to be resolved, provide *specific* information that we can understand please or log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template that fits the issue you're concerned about; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request Reports Logs, Traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn