Kaspersky Total Renew Subscription Credit Card Cancellation?

Joefram80

I purchased kaspersky total over a year ago.  Had used the 30 day free trial first and then paid for a 1 year subscription and my subscription will end within a month or so.  I received an email that said my kaspersky total will autorenew with my credit card on file and it showed the amount that will be charged which is over $100.  So that means if I don't do anything, then my credit card will get charged $100+ on the day my subscription expires correct?

But how do I cancel the auto renew with my credit card on file so it doesn't get autorenewed on the day my kaspersky total expires?  I will most likely order kaspersky total again but I don't want to renew it immediately.  

Also I believe when I ordered kaspersky total, there are many things I never used like the vpn and the password manager.  So I could actually order a cheaper version of it back then but I didn't.  I think they had a cheaper version of it where it didn't have password manager and things like that?  But how come when I check kaspersky total site now, there isn't anymore kaspersky total and it is replaced by kaspersky standard, plus and premium?  Can someone explain this?    So kaspersky total is kaspersky premium?

Also when I bought kaspersky last year, I was using the free trial while in the US.  Then when I was outside the US, I paid for kaspersky total.  At the moment I'm outside the US. 

If I want to pay for kaspersky after my subscription expires and I type in the kaspersky new code I buy online as oppose to going directly with kaspersky total, is there any issue doing this while I'm outside the US?  I assume no issue right?

1 hour ago, Joefram80 said:

I purchased Kaspersky total security over a year ago.  
Had used the 30-day free trial first and then paid for a 1-year subscription and my subscription will end within a month or so.  
A. I received an email that said my Kaspersky total will auto-renew with my credit card on file and it showed the amount that will be charged which is over $100 on the day my subscription expires, correct?

But how do I cancel the auto renew with my credit card on file, so it doesn't get auto-renewed on the day my Kaspersky total expires?  I will most likely order Kaspersky total again, but I don't want to renew it immediately.  

Also, I believe when I ordered Kaspersky total, there are many things I never used like the vpn and the password manager.  So, I could actually order a cheaper version of it back then, but I didn't.  I think they had a cheaper version of it where it didn't have password manager and things like that?  But how come when I check Kaspersky total site now, there isn't any more Kaspersky total and it is replaced by Kaspersky standard, plus and premium?  Can someone explain this?    So, Kaspersky total is Kaspersky premium?

Also, when I bought Kaspersky last year, I was using the free trial while in the US.  Then when I was outside the US, I paid for Kaspersky total.  At the moment I'm outside the US. 

If I want to pay for Kaspersky after my subscription expires and I type in the Kaspersky new code I buy online as opposed to going directly with Kaspersky total, is there any issue doing this while I'm outside the US?  I assume no issue, right?

Hello @Joefram80

Welcome back!

• Read: How to disable license auto-renewal for Kaspersky solutions for home & How to turn off the auto-renewal in My Kaspersky 
  • IF (you) purchased Kaspersky Total Security via (your) MyKaspersky account, using a credit card, the information should be stored in (your) MyKaspersky account & the AUTO-RENEWAL - OFF switch should be visible on the Subscription tab - IF (you) cannot see AUTO-RENEWAL - OFF switch, contact Kaspersky support, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c/, on the support page, select Chat or Email, then fill in Order and payment issues, How to stop/cancel automatic renewal? template; support will assist you. 
  • Re: "I will most likely order Kaspersky total again, but I don't want to renew it immediately."  That's ok, it's not compulsory to renew immediately! Renew or purchase when (you) want to/when (you) are ready - in the interim just make sure the computer has virus protection!
  • Re "cheaper version of Kaspersky software": Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) https://www.kaspersky.com/internet-security, is cheaper than Kaspersky Total Security (KTS). KIS does not have the Kaspersky Password Manager. Both KIS & KTS have the FREE Kaspersky VPN, if a user wishes to use Kaspersky's VPN with KIS or KTS - a separate KVPN Premium license must be purchased. 
  • Re: "how come when I check Kaspersky total site now, there isn't any more Kaspersky total... etc.?" - Kaspersky have released a new software range, with subscription *only* based plans, the plans are:
  1. Kaspersky Basic = Kaspersky Anti-Virus
  2. Kaspersky Standard = Kaspersky Internet Security
  3. Kaspersky Plus = Kaspersky Total Security - with Kaspersky Password Manager, not with Premium VPN
  4. Kaspersky Plus = Kaspersky Security Cloud - with Kaspersky Password Manager & with Kaspersky Premium VPN. 
  5. Kaspersky Premium - with Kaspersky Password Manager, Kaspersky Premium VPN & 24/7 Remote IT Support = Premium support for premium customers – helping resolve security issues around the clock. *Premium Support is only available for certain countries, languages and communication formats (phone and chat). 

Any questions, problems or issues, please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Thanks for the very long response.  Okay so I have to log into my kaspersky account to turn off autorenewal.  So that is when logging into my kaspersky account on the web site right and not on the kaspersky total client?

Okay so kaspersky internet security is the name of that.  I recall I bought kaspersky total over a year ago because I wanted the best one but then noticed internet security is literally the same thing with the password manager.  I don't use kaspersky password manager etc.

So right now if I decide to just let it autorenew itself... I would still be using kaspersky total or not?  So this new software still has not started yet right?  Again on the website it showed kaspersky total is discontinued and show those other names.

I installed kaspersky total first on an old laptop last year and used it for the 30 day free trial and this was while I was in the US.  After the 30 day free trial ended, I was in another country and I believe since I already put in my credit card information when I first installed kaspersky total back in the US, then it got deducted payment and been using it.

I then bought a new laptop and installed kaspersky total on it not that long ago.  I have kaspersky total installed in a few laptops.  The thing is at the moment, I'm out of the US at the moment.  So if I don't do anything and let it autorenew, no issues at all right?  But if I don't autorenew but want to buy a subscription through amazon which is much cheaper at the moment, could I do that?  It seem to show kaspersky total for 20 dollars plus tax on amazon.  Can I also do that as well?  I would order it on amazon.com with my US credit card.  Then could I then put that code into kaspersky total once it expires and that would work?  Or would I actually need to activate this code while I'm in the US?  I assume there should be no issue with it entering that code while outside the US?  I like kaspersky total but I don't want to pay over $100 for it.

Hello @Joefram80

1. Re:  "Thanks for the very long response"; LOL! You're most welcome!

2. Re: " So I have to log into my kaspersky account to turn off autorenewal?

3. Re "So that is when logging into my Kaspersky account on the web site?" Yes. https://my.kaspersky.com/  

4. Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) has Kaspersky Password Manager (KPM) - Premium. Kaspersky Internet Security does not have KPM. 

5. IF the current active software license is KTS & (you) leave KTS to *auto-renew*, then KTS *should auto-renew* but, you need to confirm with Kaspersky support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts - please contact them, on the support page, select either Email or Chat, then fill in Order and payment issues, How to stop/cancel automatic renewal? template; Support will assist - with *all* of your questions.

5a. Also note, *historically* auto-renewal licenses may be more expensive - do (your) research

6. We know the website shows the new software, that's why we provided the link to the GLOBAL website & the information about the software - from the GLOBAL website. 

7. IF KTS is set to *auto-renew* & you let it auto-renew automatically, you will be charged whatever Kaspersky determines is the market rate on the date of the sale; please: check (your) MyKaspersky account & IF necessary, contact Kaspersky support; we understand the desire to conserve $$$; that's commonsense & it's perfectly fine to do so if the online merchant is reputable & has return & refund policies that will cover (your) purchase, in case there's a problem - do (your) research

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Additional @Joefram80

As per our first reply & your repeated last paragraph question:

• IF (you) activate the software in the region/location where it's purchased, it makes no difference where it's used, **after activation** - read: "Activation code is invalid for this region" error. Please read it carefully - in essence it states - the software must be activated in the same region that it's purchased in.  
  • IF Kaspersky software licenses are purchased from Kaspersky's GLOBAL website - https://www.kaspersky.com/home-security, regional limitations do not apply, unless a region is specified from the drop-down list. 

Again, if this is not clear, please seek guidance from support -> about the various scenarios you're considering. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I signed up for 30 day free trial of kaspersky total last year on my old laptop while in the US.  I also remember putting in my credit card information in as well so after 30 days when my free trial ends, I would be using it for the 1 year subscription.  When I was using the 1 year paid subscription, this was when I was outside the US.

Then few months ago, I purchased a new laptop while in the US.  I then installed kaspersky total on the new laptop.  I then brought that laptop with me out of the US where I am currently at now.  My 1 year subscription of kaspersky total will expire within a month.  

Now if I cancel auto renew with my credit card.  Then I purchase a code online for kaspersky total, can i activate that code on my new laptop while I am outside the US or not is the main question here.  Could I activate it on my other laptops that I have kaspersky total installed in but don't have those laptops with me now?

I logged into the my kaspersky website.  Where exactly is the auto renewal on or off?

There is 

Kaspersky Total Security

Subscription for 5 Devices

Expiration Date is Next Month

Activation Code

My Devices

Shows 4 Devices Where I added Kaspersky Total.  I added it to 3 other laptop of mine even though I rarely used those and they are in the US which I don't have access to now.

There is then

Apps

Additional Info

Where exactly is the autorenewal on or off?  Is it at the top of the tabs or something on that page?

The thing is when I visit the support website on my kaspersky account, it seems to display the kaspersky support for the country that I'm currently in and not the US?  That doesn't make sense because isn't my kaspersky account based in the US when I installed it there?  Where is the auto renewal off option on the my kaspersky page?

Okay so I noticed my order number for kaspersky total last year starts with the number 2 and is through Nexway based on the order number.  Also in my account it shows it as kaspersky US region.

So based on that, what does that mean?  And where is the auto renew yes or no option because it doesn't appear to show in my kaspersky account?

When I click on renewal tab on the support.kaspersky.com/us site, it then goes to

usa.kaspersky.com/renewal-center 

You have a subscription license which cannot be renewed on usa.kaspersky.com

Does this mean I cannot renew it?  I am very confused with this.  So my kaspersky is US right but can't renew it because I'm outside the US?  So that means I don't need to contact support here to turn off auto renewal?

Does this also mean I can't order kaspersky total on amazon.com because I'm located outside the US now?  This is very confusing.  

Hello @Joefram80

1. Some of the questions you've asked above, can only be answered by Kaspersky support, please contact them. 
  2. IF (you) purchased thru Nexway the 'Auto renewal off' option will not show in (your) MyKaspersky account.
  3. The documentation we provided in our first reply: How to disable license auto-renewal for Kaspersky solutions for home, leads to: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/faq/faq_sales_nexway#how-to-cancel-an-auto-renewal-plan.
  4. Note: the profile to sign into (your) Nexway account is *not the same as the email address (you) use to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account*
  5. IF (you) don't know what (your) Nexway login is, check the email Nexway sent (you) when the original KTS license was purchased, OR contact Kaspersky support
  6. ➡️Please contact Kaspersky support, they have access to (your) records, the Kaspersky Community does not - the link for US Kaspersky Support is: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/b2c/US
  7. On the Support page (you) can select any Region - see gif: 

image.thumb.gif.9909cea496869f47be649b30e9d0696f.gif

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi.  Well last year when I installed kaspersky and put in my credit card details and after I used up the 30 day free trial, I continued to use kaspersky total and thus the amount was deducted from my credit card.  I am pretty certain I signed up for kaspersky total directly through the website.  I don't remember if it was kaspersky site or usa kaspersky.  But based on the details I gave you, I have Kaspersky USA correct?

I took a look at my kaspersky purchase email.  I do notice nexway mentioned in the emails.  But I never signed up directly with nexway or even heard of it until I check my email now.  

So the nexway login details is through that portal right?  But it isn't my kaspersky account and password as you said.  So I have to create a nexway account?  So I basically will have to contact kaspersky support but make sure I contact them with the Kaspersky USA region correct?  So email them from the email I used to purchase kaspersky?  But does this also mean if I don't do anything, my kaspersky would not even be renewed and the reason is because of the location that I am right no?  Is that the reason?

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/b2c/US

So go here.  But I need to be first logged into my kaspersky account first right with my kaspersky username and password correct?

Then enter in my windows version, my email and my activation code from my old email for my kaspersky total?  The activation code in my old email seem to be 20 characters?  Is that the one?  And for description explain that I don't want it to autorenew correct?  But I have kaspersky USA right?  Also is the reason I can't cancel autorenew or have that option here because I ordered it through nexway?  So this has nothing to do with my location now which is outside of the US?  So how do some people purchase kaspersky total through nexway but others another way?  Is it random or region?   What is the link to the nexway login?  So that isn't it below here?

https://shop.usa.kaspersky.com/enduser-portal

Edited by Joefram80

Hello @Joefram80

You're most welcome!

Nope!

1. Forget your MyKaspersky account.
  2. Forget Nexway. 
  3. Contact Kaspersky Support. 
  4. Go to the support page, https://support.kaspersky.com/us/b2c/US, scroll down, select Email, fill in the FORM, follow how we've filled it in, but remember, we do not know your email address, we do not know your OS, we do not know your activation code - so what we've put on the form is as a guide only -it's not to be copied verbatim & when you write the problem up for the support team, don't write War & Peace -> after you submit the form, you'll receive an *automated email*, with an INC reference number, beginning with INC0000 - eventually, a Kaspersky human will contact you & assist you, please wait for the Kaspersky team to do so. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b050e0977c4aec182eb805f560359a58.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0c9dd22fb8d21bcdc06c3bed1d64db29.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks for the response.  Okay so I will click on email and then enter the information.  But just to confirm, I have to write my activation code so they can link me to my kaspersky total account right?

Also when I contact them, does my email need to be the same email where I used when ordering total kaspersky last year?  Thus it is the same email that I receive any my kaspersky messages including my activation code and emails?

So after I submit this information, they will contact me back via email right?  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Joefram80 said:
  1. Okay so I will click on email and then enter the information. 
  2. I have to write my activation code so they can link me to my kaspersky total account right?
  3. Also when I contact them, does my email need to be the same email where I used when ordering total kaspersky last year? 
  4. Thus it is the same email that I receive any my kaspersky messages including my activation code and emails?
  5. So after I submit this information, they will contact me back via email right?  

Hello @Joefram80

Thank you for your questions.

1. Yes.
  2. Enter your name, activation code & email address you used when you purchased the software - Kaspersky Support have access to your Kaspersky records - Kaspersky Support will *look* at the information & they can answer your questions.
  3. Yes.
  4. Yes.
  5. Yes. You'll receive an *automated email*, with an INC reference number, beginning with INC0000 - eventually, a Kaspersky human will contact you & assist you, please wait for the Kaspersky team to do so. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

rewrote 2

Thanks for that information. 

Another question I have.  How do I check what kaspersky total country region that I have on my laptop?  I downloaded kaspersky total in the US so it should be the US right?  Or are all versions the same regardless of what country you are in?  

1.  If I want to purchase kaspersky internet security as oppose to kaspersky total security because I don't need password manager or vpn, do I need to download kaspersky internet security?  So these are 2 different programs right?  If I purchase a code for kaspersky internet security and use it, do I need to remove kaspersky total from my laptop so there isn't 2 kaspersky on the laptop?

2. Can you purchase kaspersky total or internet security off amazon.com US and that is the same thing as on your site?  The other thing is if you purchase it off the amazon.com US site, do you have to activate it while you are in the US or can you activate it anywhere you are located?  Do activation codes mention that this code is only for use in so and so country or anything like that?  Such that the code isn't valid to be used or activated in the US or out of the US?

Edited by Joefram80

1. How do I check what Kaspersky total country region that I have on my laptop? 
  2. I downloaded Kaspersky total in the US so it should be the US right? 
  3. Or are all versions the same regardless of what country you are in?  
  4. If I want to purchase Kaspersky internet security as opposed to Kaspersky total security because I don't need password manager or vpn, do I need to download Kaspersky internet security? 
  5. So these are 2 different programs right? 
  6. If I purchase a code for Kaspersky internet security and use it, do I need to remove Kaspersky total from my laptop so there isn't 2 Kaspersky on the laptop?
  7. Can you purchase Kaspersky total or internet security off amazon.com US and that is the same thing as on your site? 
  8. The other thing is if you purchase it off the amazon.com US site, do you have to activate it while you are in the US or can you activate it anywhere you are located? 
  9. Do activation codes mention that this code is only for use in so and so country or anything like that? Such that the code isn't valid to be used or activated in the US or out of the US?

Hello @Joefram80

You're most welcome!

1. Ask Kaspersky Support.  
  2. We do not know for certain; you need to ask Kaspersky Support
  3. No!
  4. Yes, if you don't want Kaspersky Total Security (KTS), you need to download Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS). 
  5. Yes!
  6. Yes, you must remove KTS before installing KIS, when you uninstall KTS do not check any check boxes, leaves all check boxes blank, read: How to uninstall the application
  7. Purchasing from Amazon is not the same, you need to read all the terms & conditions
  8. & 9. Activation limitations should be specified for each product @Joefram80, please do your research, we have no idea which product you're looking at & are not going to give generic advice regarding purchasing from Amazon. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 2 weeks later...