Kaspersky Standard 21.17.7.539 to 21.18.5.438 unecessary security changes;

Noticed Kaspersky Standard received 2024 annual update to a newer version but as always comes the decision of removing or changing security parameters and components, few users used to trust.

I've noticed in privacy column where used to be Antispam component. It no longer exist. Message readings on welcome security display have changed once again to something does not ensure safety. In my opnion repeating 'Main protection components are running/are active' ( My KS is another language ) but at least was giving me comfort to know all protection, security functions and components are running actively. Now with KS 21.18 the message it read is 'Automatic malware dection'. That does not assure any comfort reading that and why had to change.

The anything else in Kaspersky Standard previous version are still in the display and place but these few changes came to upsat really bad. I hope KS in 2025 does get worse in the welcome aspect.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Another user have pointed out verify or scan content menu when using mouse cursor to click in files, folders no longer exist the option with the action.

I would try the workaround listed in another thread but I might break KS even more so I'm going wait untill Kaspersky release another update and further fix this issue among others but specially this.

P.S. I may have wrote it wrong in first opening discussion. The phase it says ''I hope KS in 2025 does get worse in the welcome aspect'. Actually wanted to say *I hope KS in 2025 does NOT get worse in the welcome aspect'.

Edited by Psiu47

Hello,

Yes i wrote here in May https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/kasperskyvpnksos-21183244-46744/#comment-174423

Anti-Spam is not available in MR18. So i still have MR17 where Anti-Spam is.

If you have some problem i would contact Tech Support, also you should ask for Anti-Spam and maybe bring it back :classic_biggrin:

Anti-Spam doing very well work in my case, catching a lot of spam. I don´t know which component will replace Anti-Spam..

• Like 2

One question regarding unninstalling procedure as a last resource to workaround for any bug when Kaspersky app get these annual versions. When I merged my Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391(l) to Kaspersky Standard 21.17.7.539(e), I did not face any issue except for future versions of the app. Then upon KS 21.17.7.539(i) there have been unknown bugs related to report window not registering some virus scans or rootkit scan but then it would happen occasionally that issue. But Antispam was there, Kaspersky quick menu context was working as well the welcome message in introduction display was ensuring safety.

Now Kaspersky Standard 21.18.5.438(a) do not ensure me much quality about these bugs and for reducing the package, recently acquired for purchasing Kaspersky Standard license. If I run the procedure to uninstall the whole KS suite and install directly the executable from My Kaspersky management center. Will that bring back Kaspersky scan menu context along with that second function to verify the certification? And what if I decide to wait untill Kaspersky Standard 21.18 update to a newer version ''KS 21.18.5.438(b)'' will this issue among others pointed out by other their user data. Are they going to be fixed if I decide to wait for a newer version to come up?

5 hours ago, Psiu47 said:

If I run the procedure to uninstall the whole KS suite and install directly the executable from My Kaspersky management center. Will that bring back Kaspersky scan menu context along with that second function to verify the certification?

I didn't have to uninstall KS first. I just exported my settings from within KS, and downloaded the KS installer from My Kaspersky. I ran the KS installer over top of the current install and that repaired the missing context menu items. It did seem to take a bit longer than usual because it installed the version before the patch (a), but after a database update & reboot, it installed the patch and then I imported my previous settings. That was a couple days ago, and everything's been fine so far.