kaspersky Security Center 12 and SQL Server requirements

Hello, i just realized that my installation of KSC 12 with SQL Server 2012 is not a supported configuration. In the requirements page i see that only version Express of SQL Server 2012 is supported. Exprress and Standard version are exaclty the same engine except of the limitation of the Express one. Is that an error or a lack in the docs? Obiousvly my KSC is working like a charm.

Greetings Marco Esse,

Not being listed on the system requirements doesn’t mean that the application will not work, only an untested scenario. The downside is that if you open a support ticket, the first thing they are going to check is the system requirements, this might cause an issue if the case needs an escalation, but it should work without problems

I hope this information helps.

Thank you for the answer, the point is, “express” version and “no-express” version of (every) SQL database are exactly the same, except for limitation in use of memory and size of the DB, so usually,  in my experience, the software house raccomands the use of “no-express” version instead of “express” one for these llimitations; this is why sound me very strange that Kaspersky ask for the contrary.