Kaspersky renewal or subscription

Hi i am a little confused on what to do. Many are saying that Kaspersky total security has no future developments and they're moving onto subscription based services. My question is since my Kaspersky Total security is expired, should i renew it still or should i rather take a cheaper subscription of Kaspersky Premium? Please advise on my options and the best way to go forward in the future. Thank you. 

Hello @Zainy

Welcome.

Kaspersky total security is older range product which is still supported. And will be discontinued. Kaspersky planning stop selling this but now is supported.
If in your region is available new range products (Kaspersky Premium for example) you can buy this product.

You won't make a mistake if you buy one or the other. I have older Kaspersky total security because in my region is not released yet.

Edited by nexon

16 hours ago, Zainy said:
  1. Many are saying that Kaspersky total security has no future developments and they're moving onto subscription-based services.
  2. My question is since my Kaspersky Total security is expired, should i renew it still or should i rather take a cheaper subscription of Kaspersky Premium? 

Hello @Zainy

1. You are correct, Kaspersky Total Security is from Kaspersky's old range, it will no longer be developed; it will only continue to be supported with Database updates until it is decommissioned, at this stage Kaspersky have not announced an end date for the old range, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.
  2. In Kaspersky's new subscription range, there's: Kaspersky Standard, Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium - there's also Kaspersky Basic *but* it's only available in a very limited release, so not worth discussing. 
  3. IF (your) Kaspersky Total Security has expired, it's better to buy a new subscription, as the old subscription has limitations that will carry over to the new subscription - for example: Kaspersky Total Security has Limited/Standard VPN, IF you *renew* with Kaspersky Plus or Premium, those subscriptions will also have Limited/Standard VPN, & IF you decide to take Kaspersky's offer to *UPGRADE* your *RENEWED* KTS the same will apply; you'll be stuck with Plus or Premium with Limited/Standard VPN -> for the duration of the subscription! However, if you purchase a *new* Kaspersky Plus or Kaspersky Premium subscription, both come with Unlimited VPN - for the Subscription owner *only* - all other User accounts on the Subscription come with  Limited/Standard VPN
  1. The Term/duration
  2. The Number of Devices
  3. The Number of User Accounts
  4. Information - related to Kaspersky Password Manager & MyKaspersky account. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6d7748e2e5bfeef2ad61997437208c30.jpeg   

image.thumb.jpeg.c0b521b43a660d9c8fb12a8f5e6010ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e4d0ddfa0dd32d1d3a58154268a10cff.jpeg

?Read: How your subscription works?

Any questions, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added: Read: How your subscription works