Kaspersky Password Manager Doesn't Ask for Password

cnp
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

After it updated on the 30th, KPM doesn't ask me for my password when I boot up. I've tried ending the service and the program and starting it manually, I can see the services start up in the task manager, but nothing happens. 

35 minutes ago, cnp said:
  1. After it updated on the 30th, KPM doesn't ask me for my password when I boot up.

I've tried ending the service and the program and starting it manually, I can see the services start up in the task manager, but nothing happens. 

Hello @cnp

Welcome!

(1) Do (you) mean the KPM application does not start, (you) don't see: image.thumb.jpeg.e13768865b48e4eb772913b539c28673.jpeg

(2) Since 30th May 2023 -> KPM update, has the computer been shut down, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, then powered on by pressing the power button? 

IF 'no' - please do this now & post back IF the KPM application starts after (you've) logged in?

?Note: please don't run any other steps - like: "ending the service and the program and starting it manually."

(3) Has KPM been configured to open with Windows Hello

(4) Was KPM configured as: Start Kaspersky Password Manager at operating system startup

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 3 & 4

22 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @cnp

Welcome!

(1) Do (you) mean the KPM application does not start, (you) don't see: image.thumb.jpeg.e13768865b48e4eb772913b539c28673.jpeg

(2) Since 30th May 2023 -> KPM update, has the computer been shut down, using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, then powered on by pressing the power button? 

IF 'no' - please do this now & post back IF the KPM application starts after (you've) logged in?

?Note: please don't run any other steps - like: "ending the service and the program and starting it manually."

(3) Has KPM been configured to open with Windows Hello

(4) Was KPM configured as: Start Kaspersky Password Manager at operating system startup

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

1. Yes, the screen asking for my password doesn't pop up.

2. Yes, it didn't do anything.

3. No

4. Yes

• Thanks 1

• Solution
7 minutes ago, cnp said:

I'm running Windows 10 version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965

Hello @cnp

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information! 

1. Before doing the following process, check (your) MyKaspersky account, to verify the KPM license information is saved - IF (your) KPM is a standalone subscription it will show differently: image.thumb.jpeg.5ac0df703b3002b8be703b47e19117ce.jpeg
  2. Run the computer in *SafeMode* & use Kavremover -> follow the documented instructions carefullyRemoval tool for Kaspersky applications (Kavremover) -> at the completion of the Kavremover process, revert system to Normal mode, *then* shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  3. Download a new KPM exe: Kaspersky Password Manager for Windows®
  4. Install KPM & recheck the issue? 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @cnp

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information! 

1. Before doing the following process, check (your) MyKaspersky account, to verify the KPM license information is saved - IF (your) KPM is a standalone subscription it will show differently: image.thumb.jpeg.5ac0df703b3002b8be703b47e19117ce.jpeg
  2. Run the computer in *SafeMode* & use Kavremover -> follow the documented instructions carefullyRemoval tool for Kaspersky applications (Kavremover) -> at the completion of the Kavremover process, revert system to Normal mode, *then* shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  3. Download a new KPM exe: Kaspersky Password Manager for Windows®
  4. Install KPM & recheck the issue? 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks, a lot! This fixed it right up.

• Thanks 1