Kaspersky Password Manager conflicts with Acumatica payment system

Oleg2

After I fill in new credit card fields on the Acumatica website and then click “Save card” button, nothing happens.

I spent a whole day with Acumatica support trying to figure out what the problem is.

I tried browsers Chrome, Edge and Opera. Then I installed Firefox, and Kaspersky Password Manager starts raising a series of dialogs asking me to save info into it. I uninstalled PM and rebooted Windows. After that, everything was fine.

After I fill in new credit card fields on the Acumatica website and then click “Save card” button, nothing happens.

I spent a whole day with Acumatica support trying to figure out what the problem is.

I tried browsers Chrome, Edge and Opera. Then I installed Firefox, and Kaspersky Password Manager starts raising a series of dialogs asking me to save info into it. I uninstalled PM and rebooted Windows. After that, everything was fine.

Hello @Oleg2

Welcome again!

Difficult for us to test without a Acumatica account🤔

1. In the browsers, is the Password autofill function, on or off
  2. Which KPM version & patch(x) is installed? x = letter - image 1 below
  3. If the Kaspersky Password Manger extension is disabled, does the issue persist? → image 2 below

➡ If KPM is Premium subscription → log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support → follow the template image 3 below, include:

• What caused the problem? 
  • Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  • Text from an error message (or attach an error screenshot to your request).
  • Image?
  • Video?
  • Community topic URL? 
  • ➡ After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 
  • ⭕ Note: if KPM is Free version, please let us know?⭕

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, @Flood and Flood's wife,

1. I believe that the "Password autofill" feature does not affect credit card information as it does not contain a password. I have not seen dialogs in Opera and Edge.

2. As I said, I deleted the PM, so I cannot provide its version. However, I installed it recently and I am not in the habit of turning off automatic updates. So I believe this was the last revision.

3. The PM extension was perfectly installed in Chrome and perfectly *not* installed in Edge, Opera and Firefox. Nevertheless, the result was the same.

> Did you try to solve the problem? How?

Most of the time we tried to verify my credit card details and its good standing. After that, we tried to fix the software problems.

> Text from an error message

This was the worst. No error messages, just no response to button presses.

• I believe that the "Password autofill" feature does not affect credit card information as it does not contain a password.
  • I have not seen dialogs in Opera and Edge.
  • I deleted the PM. 
  • The PM extension was perfectly installed in Chrome and perfectly *not* installed in Edge, Opera and Firefox. Nevertheless, the result was the same.
  • Did you try to solve the problem? How? Most of the time we tried to verify my credit card details and its good standing. After that, we tried to fix the software problems.​​​​​
  • No error messages, just no response to button presses.

Hello @Oleg2

Thank you for posting back & the information.

1. Just to confirm, you no longer have KPM installed, is that correct? 
  2. Do you plan to use KPM again? 
  3. Is KPM subscription Premium or Free? 
  4. We don’t understand “dialogs in Opera and Edge”  → please explain? ? 
  5. How was “KPM extension. perfectly *not* installed in Edge, Opera and Firefox”, an extension is either installed or it’s not → please explain? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, Flood and Flood's wife,

1. Yes. I removed the KPM and do not plan to use it anytime soon.

2. Probably not. Unless they add a large button "Disable KPM for this site". You understand that removing / installing KPM for every site in question is too complex job.

3. Free.

4. When KPM is active, it will bring up pop-ups asking to save information (passwords, credit card numbers, etc.). Thus, if you do not see KPM pop-ups, it means that KPM is *not* active.

5. I never install some application when some pop-up advised me to do so. Therefore, I always know for sure whether I have installed something or not. I *did* install the KMP extension in Chrome and *did not* install it in other browsers.

Hello @Oleg2

Thank you for updating us.

Regarding “ *did not* install it in other browsers”, impossible for us to verify: we do not have data from you &, in our tests, we’re not able to replicate. 

To use KPM features in a browser, you must install the KPM extension for the browser; if you wish to skip the installation of extensions, click Install later & Ignore -> in the Notification centre

Ignored websites section

Autosave, autofill & autologin, can be enabled or disable: for accounts, addresses, and bank cards

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

About the subscription

> Regarding “ *did not* install it in other browsers”, impossible for us to verify

At the time of your question, I had already deleted the KPM, so it was difficult for me to answer your questions. 🙂

Nevertheless

1. As I said,

> > When KPM is active, it will bring up pop-ups asking to save information (passwords, credit card numbers, etc.). Thus, if you do not see KPM pop-ups, it means that KPM is *not* active.

So at least I had a hint that it is not active. Maybe it could be installed automatically, maybe, but it is definitely not active.

2. As I noticed, when uninstalling, KPM does not remove its extensions in browsers. So I uninstalled KPM and then uninstalled the KPM extension in Chrome.

Now I checked Edge. No, it has no extensions at all.

I checked Opera. It has “Opera Ad Blocker” only.

I checked Firefox. It has “OpenH264” and “Widevine” add-ons.