Kaspersky Mobile Security not providing protection

Hello,

I installed Kaspersky Plus on my mobile phone.

I decided to test using the eicar test file to see if I would get a warning. One of the supported browsers (Chrome) is installed and set as default.

Going to the test page with Chrome, I tested and...... nothing... no warning ... nothing. The eicar test file was downloaded in all cases.

I'm sure everything is set properly.

Can anyone else confirm ?

@celsurf

I carried out a test, and it was not detected (TESTED HTTP FILE).

But, I believe there is one reason: the EICAR file was developed for computers, therefore, it is harmless for mobile devices.

"The EICAR Anti-Virus Test File or EICAR test file is a computer file that was developed by the European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research (EICAR) and Computer Antivirus Research Organization (CARO), to test the response of computer antivirus programs. Instead of using real malware, which could cause real damage, this test file allows people to test anti-virus software without having to use a real computer virus."

Still, I reported the file to Kaspersky Virus Lab.

Edited by Guilhermesene4096

22 minutes ago, celsurf said:

I installed Kaspersky Plus on my mobile phone.

I decided to test using the eicar test file to see if I would get a warning. One of the supported browsers (Chrome) is installed and set as default.

1. Going to the test page with Chrome, I tested and...... nothing... no warning ... nothing. The eicar test file was downloaded in all cases., 

Hello @celsurf
Welcome back!

1. Not all. 

Screenshot_20240204-031549_Kaspersky.thumb.jpg.af316b3c936c9243d4cd01107ef48208.jpg  Screenshot_20240204-031625_Kaspersky.thumb.jpg.ba2f36485b3ef3d1752a7f2ebc2ed730.jpg

• Repeat the tests with Wicar - are the resuts the same? IF *yes*, raise it with Kaspersky by logging an Application malfunction request. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

6 hours ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@celsurf

I carried out a test, and it was not detected (TESTED HTTP FILE).

But, I believe there is one reason: the EICAR file was developed for computers, therefore, it is harmless for mobile devices.

Still, I reported the file to Kaspersky Virus Lab.

I had something strange happen after I reported this.

Similar to your finding, eicar was not detected by Kaspersky on the browser and was downloaded and placed on the phone.

30 minutes to an hour later Kaspersky did what appears to be a scheduled scan of my phone AND eicar was picked up and deleted by the scan.

The method Kaspersky is handling eicar is inconsistant. Why ? 

9 minutes ago, Guilhermesene4096 said:

@celsurf

In the past, you created a topic very similar to this one → Mobile AV - Eicar Test file

Have your mobile device settings changed? If the device's hardware hasn't changed, perhaps this is the answer.

In all cases, if you are still in doubt, please contact technical support → Technical Support

That was more of an issue with Android 12 not being fully supported at the time I did testing.

The latest version of Android is 14. To be honest, the results I'm getting don't inspire confidence in the product although I am a fan of Kaspersky's laptop software.

Edited by celsurf

On 2/4/2024 at 12:40 AM, celsurf said:
  1. That was more of an issue with Android 12 not being fully supported at the time I did testing.
  2. The latest version of Android is 14. To be honest, the results I'm getting don't inspire confidence in the product although I am a fan of Kaspersky's laptop software.

Hello @celsurf

Thank you for posting back. 

1. It's always useful, whenever posting topics, to follow & use the guide: Read before you create a new topic! prepared by Danila T. 
  2. We reached out to Eicar, they suggested using: 
    https : //www.amtso.org/check-android-phishing-page/  →  Link disabled
  3. IF you still have concerns about the results, please log the issue with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋