Kaspersky is blocking python from accessing the internet

Galdor
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi,
I have the latest version of kaspersky anti virus installed (no other product, vpn, cloud, etc), everything was working fine but suddently it started blocking a lot more thing (without changing the configuration), I've been using kaspersky anti virus for more than 10 years and never had this issue.

I cannot make requests call (requests librairy) they will be blocked by kaspersky, my only solution for know is to disable kaspersky.

I can't find in the setting what to change.

in network parameters > trusted app I tried adding python but my requests calls are still blocked.

Any idea?

Thanks.

• Solution

Hello @Galdor

Welcome!

1. Which Kaspersky Anti-Virus version & patch(x), x = letter, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Which Windows version & build, read: How to find the version of your operating system?
  3. Which Python version
  4. In Kaspersky Reports - are there any Python events - showing the BLOCK - post FULL SCREEN screen-prints - so we can see what you see? 
  5. When PYTHON is blocked - is there an error, post a FULL SCREEN screen-print - we need to see what you see? 

Hide any private information before posting?

Also, try this solution from @Igor Kurzin:

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 5 || ​ Hide any private information before posting? ​

deleting the content of C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\  and following your whole process solved the problem.

For my own curiosity might I know why? was python somehow "taggued" as a threat an removing those file deleted that tag?

thanks a lot ?

ps : I was using 

kaspersky 21.3.10.391(i)
Windows 10 22H2 (OS build 19045.2728)
python 3.8 / requests 2.28.1

• Thanks 1

Hello @Galdor

You're most welcome!

We're delighted to read the issue is fixed, thank you for taking the time to share the news with the Kaspersky Community?

Nothing to do with Python, do not worry, a persistent bug in version 21.3.10.391; it's been fixed in the new version: 21.9.6.465. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
formatting & grammar

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I tried to delete the contents of this folder but I could not. It said that the folder or file is open in another program. I have restarted my PC and have disabled Kaspersky in the task manager, but there it still won't delete. I saw there are some Kaspersky background processes so I ended the two that I could end, but I could not end "Kaspersky Lab Launcher (32 bit)" and it says "Access is denied." (see screenshot).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kaspersky_denied.PNG

16 minutes ago, KingOfSpice said:

I tried to delete the contents of this folder but I could not. It said that the folder or file is open in another program. I have restarted my PC and have disabled Kaspersky in the task manager, but there it still won't delete. I saw there are some Kaspersky background processes so I ended the two that I could end, but I could not end "Kaspersky Lab Launcher (32 bit)" and it says "Access is denied." (see screenshot).

Hello @KingOfSpice

Welcome!

1. Which Kaspersky software is installed - name & version, in Windows *Hidden icons* - right-click the Kaspersky icon & select About
  2. Has Enable Self-Defense been *UNCHECKED*?  (Point 2 in the instructions above - from Igor Kurzin).

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋