Kaspersky detected trojan. Am i safe?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

• Solution
48 minutes ago, Chezzing said:

Hello @Chezzing

Welcome!

1. Yes, Kaspersky blocked the trojan before it could be downloaded to (your) desktop. However, please take the following steps: 
  2. Clear Firefox browser cache/history/cookies. 
  3. Close Firefox. 
  4. Run a Full scan - allow it to complete - make sure the end result has no detections? 
  5. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON, by pressing the Power button, login.
  6. Run a Database update. 
  7. Monitor for any further detections. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Chezzing

Welcome!

1. Yes, Kaspersky blocked the trojan before it could be downloaded to (your) desktop. However, please take the following steps: 
  2. Clear Firefox browser cache/history/cookies. 
  3. Close Firefox. 
  4. Run a Full scan - allow it to complete - make sure the end result has no detections? 
  5. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power ON, by pressing the Power button, login.
  6. Run a Database update. 
  7. Monitor for any further detections. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you for your response! It's a relief to know Kaspersky blocked it. I will update you after doing the steps you have given. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Chezzing said:

Thank you for your response! It's a relief to know Kaspersky blocked it. I will update you after doing the steps you have given. 

Hello @Chezzing

You're most welcome! 

It's often stressful when an alert of this nature shows up, however, you've done the right thing by checking the Kaspersky report & it's very clear, (1) the malicious object was detected, (2) the download was denied. 

You may also wish to check Firefox Add-ons / Extensions -> about:addons -> make sure all that are installed are known & installed by you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Chezzing

You're most welcome! 

It's often stressful when an alert of this nature shows up, however, you've done the right thing by checking the Kaspersky report & it's very clear, (1) the malicious object was detected, (2) the download was denied. 

You may also wish to check Firefox Add-ons / Extensions -> about:addons -> make sure all that are installed are known & installed by you. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hello again. After scanning my pc fully both C drive and D drive since I have an extra, my detections are all fine from what I can see. I also shut down and turned on my PC, updated databases and have clear my firefox.

As I can see, everything is clear and fine. Thank you for your help.  Have a nice day!

(Images below are the full scan result and my settings)

image-1.png

image-2.png

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chezzing said:

Hello again. After scanning my pc fully both C drive and D drive since I have an extra, my detections are all fine from what I can see. I also shut down and turned on my PC, updated databases and have clear my firefox.

As I can see, everything is clear and fine. Thank you for your help.  Have a nice day!

Hello @Chezzing

Thank you for posting back, the update & the images!  

*Scan is complete, now there are no active threats*

Excellent work, well done👏

You have a nice day too!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋