Kaspersky blocks the Internet during updates

Hi everyone,

I use Kaspersky Cloud free 21.3.10.391 (g) and I often notice that during the update that the program makes and reports through the appropriate icon, the Internet is interrupted causing problems on the websites I am visiting.

Updating the antivirus or the program should not create an interruption to the Internet on the computer every time.

My connection is fast I have a 30 MB, I also recently re-installed Kaspersky (yesterday).

The database update takes a few minutes and if it is already updated, the Internet connection is not stopped.

The operating system is Windows 11.

No reply?
Anyone is not experiencing the same thing?

When Kaspersky looks for updates I see Internet and the PC is like frozen.

webpages are no more loading, sometimes loads after the updated has ended, sometime show error con connection.

I think this is an issue on how Kaspersky manage update.

Thanks for the reply!

Windows 11 21H2 SO 22000.376

Is not a preview but a normal upgrade from W 10.

Kaspersky is fluent means I don’t see any issue except when the program start by himself to check for maybe databases update… so if I’m not surfing I never see any issue but if I’m surfing I see pages are not loading and as soon this happen my eye goes on the Kaspersky icon and it’s Kaspersky that is updating.

KTS2021 21.3.10.391 (g)  also for me

I have just tried to surf with my FireFox (opening several sites in different tabs) while KTS was updating databases/signatures (an update of 218,99KB), and I could surf without issues, the sites loaded a bit slower, but the connection did not interrupt at all.

It’s true in general that while K. is updating there is a higher CPU consumption, but only for a while, and system may get slower, but this should not stop surfing the web at all!.

Are You using an additional security solution installed in the system as a complement of Kaspersky?

Maybe You should contact to Kaspersky Support via https://center.kaspersky.com/, so that They can better troubleshoot Your issue…

I’m using only Kaspersky.

I will try to reinstall Windows as I’m on W 11 from W 10.

I hope this will help, if not I will be sure it’s an issue from the Kaspersky program.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is present also after formatting the PC.
Maybe what you call “slowed loads” is an interruption for some minutes than the website or the web content is load. Is like all Internet is frozen while Kaspersky update.

I never seen this happen with other anti-virus software.

Unfortunately now I know this is and seems how Kaspersky works if no one of the Kaspersky staff will work on improve, change this.

I’m surprised I’m the only one that is reporting this.

My Internet connection is about 25 MB in download and 10 in upload so maybe I feel this frozen time more respect who has faster connection? Don’t know… but is not nice to find often Internet frozen by Kaspersky, even for less than 5 minutes.

This behaviour will be maybe a reason for leave Kaspersky in the future… when I will be exhaust of those frequent frozen time caused by Kaspersky. Leave Kaspersky is not what I want but I want also having a fluid antivirus experience not with frequent frozen moments.