Kaspersky Anti-Virus is blocking multiple app from connecting to internet

Posted (edited)

image.png.f6cc6734587043600271a9293802ea1d.pngimage.thumb.png.74965cbd222cd6031cbc9f99cec3c194.png

Hi there. So, basicly Kaspersky Anti-Virus is blocking multiple apps from connecting to the internet for about 2 or 3 weeks. I'm completely unable to use Slack, Discord and Spotify while the Anti-Virus is active. Whenever I turn it off, the Apps come back to life.

This is not the first time I'm having trouble with apps that won't connect while the anti-virus is active. I already had problemas with Slack about a year ago, and it was a pain in the ass to get it fixed. But now the problem is obviously getting worst.

I'm seriously thinking I should choose another Anti-Virus, unless someone comes up with a simple solution for it.

Edited by Rafael Mancini
misspelling

3 hours ago, Rafael Mancini said:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus is blocking multiple apps from connecting to the internet for about 2 or 3 weeks. I'm completely unable to use Slack, Discord and Spotify while the Anti-Virus is active. Whenever I turn it off, the Apps come back to life.

Hello @Rafael Mancini

Welcome back!

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 21.3 is Kaspersky's *old* software, upgrade to Kaspersky's new software: Kaspersky Standard, readKaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - the upgrade is free & is like-for-like

Download Kaspersky Standard from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

1. *Make sure (your) Activation code is saved in (your) MyKaspersky account before uninstalling Kaspersky Anti-Virus. 
  2. *Create a System Restore Point *before* uninstalling Kaspersky Anti-Virus. 
  3. *After installing Kaspersky Standard - make sure to sign into the Kaspersky Standard application so it synchronises with (your) MyKaspersky account. 

Any issues or concerns, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• 1 month later...

i am having since more than two weeks a big issue but similar to this one .i am not able to open my Autodesk Fusion 360 without disabling the Kaspersky antivirus , i did everything necessary ,i contacted Autodesk support , the only way was and still is disable Kaspersky then  i can use it .

the error is always " network error, not connected to internet " i think you should amend the program immediatly to exlude the autodesk Fusion from the anti-virus .hope to have your immediate response 

1 hour ago, infotech said:

i am having since more than two weeks a big issue but similar to this one .i am not able to open my Autodesk Fusion 360 without disabling the Kaspersky antivirus , i did everything necessary ,i contacted Autodesk support , the only way was and still is disable Kaspersky then  i can use it .

the error is always " network error, not connected to internet "

i think you should amend the program immediately to exclude the Autodesk Fusion from the anti-virus .

hope to have your immediate response 

Hello @infotech

Welcome!

1. Which Kaspersky version is installed, on the Windows Taskbar *hidden icons*, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. IF it's 21.3* it's Kaspersky's *old* software -> upgrade to Kaspersky's new software: Kaspersky StandardreadKaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - the upgrade is free & is like-for-like.
  3. Download Kaspersky Standard from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product
  4. *Make sure (your) Activation code is saved in (your) MyKaspersky account before uninstalling Kaspersky Anti-Virus. 
  5. *Create a System Restore Point *before* uninstalling Kaspersky Anti-Virus. 
  6. *After installing Kaspersky Standard - make sure to sign into the Kaspersky Standard application with the same email address (you) use to sign into (your) MyKaspersky account so the Kaspersky application synchronises with (your) MyKaspersky account. 

Any issues or concerns, please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋