Issues with Windows 11 Windows Defender & Kaspersky Premium

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Been having the same issue as this reddit poster has had recently,

Also been having an issue with program freezing after restart as outlined here,

Application "crashes", "freezes" or "lags"; the "Previous application launch failed" error message appears (kaspersky.com)

I of course submitted all crash reports, question is  Windows Defender has recently been updated I noticed and I am wondering if Kaspersky is not disabling Defender as it should.

Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Kaspersky premium 21.9.6.465

• Solution
1 hour ago, AntonyMagnus said:

Windows 11 Pro 22H2, Kaspersky premium 21.9.6.465, 

Been having the same issue as this reddit poster has had recently: Windows Defender still active after install 3rd party AV (Kaspersky). 

Also been having an issue with program freezing after restart as outlined here: 

Application "crashes", "freezes" or "lags"; the "Previous application launch failed" error message appears (kaspersky.com)

I of course submitted all crash reports.

• question is  Windows Defender has recently been updated I noticed and I am wondering if Kaspersky is not disabling Defender as it should? 

Hello @AntonyMagnus

Welcome back!

?Apart from re-installing the application - as per, Application "crashes", "freezes" or "lags"; the "Previous application launch failed" error message appears, have you followed: What to do if the error persists

• If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
  • Attach to your request a Get System Info report and dump files from the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP<application version>\Traces

▶️ & have you received an automated Incident reference number beginning with INC0000

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. Yes I have read extensively the Microsoft Defender yields to installed third party AV however there are some components of defender running in Services that I cannot stop. Functionality is not possible and greyed out. I also assume this has to do with the new tamper protection feature. 

By all other accounts Kaspersky Premium is the defacto AV solution though.

Last the incident reports/crash reports submitted to Kaspersky were through automated means through the program. And I thought I would make this issue public due to the fact that Windows defender is in and on all Windows computers therefore probably effects many users.

Edited by AntonyMagnus
  • Like 1