Internet Security turns off unexpectedly

Sometimes Kaspersky Internet Security turns off unexpectedly and I am getting a notice by Windows 10 to turn it on.

Why this happens and how can be resolved ? This happens because of a hacker attack and if yes Internet Security is so weak to turn off  ? 

49 minutes ago, EGL said:

Sometimes Kaspersky Internet Security turns off unexpectedly and I am getting a notice by Windows 10 to turn it on.

Why this happens and how can be resolved ? This happens because of a hacker attack and if yes Internet Security is so weak to turn off  ? 

Hello @EGL

Welcome!

• Kaspersky Internet Security is Kaspersky's *old* software, it's been replaced by Kaspersky Standard
  1. Upgrade to Kaspersky Standard & recheck? The upgrade is free & is *like-for-like* Read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.
  2. Make sure (your) Kaspersky Internet Security Activation code is saved in (your) MyKaspersky account, https://my.kaspersky.com/MyLicenses#/portal/pages/licenses
  3. Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security - during the uninstall, select Save License information *only* -  do not check any other boxes, leave all other boxes blank. Read: How to uninstall the application
  • Kaspersky Standard can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product
  • After *installing* Kaspersky Standard, make sure (you) sign into the Kaspersky Standard *application* with the same email address that (you) use for (your) MyKaspersky account - so Kaspersky Standard app synchronises with the account & picks up the Activation code. 

Any problems or issues, please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hello,

I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security the latest version.  I do not think that Kaspersky Standard offers something more.

So in general Kaspersky antivirus could be weak in a hacker's attack and sometimes to get turned off ? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EGL said:
  1. I have installed Kaspersky Internet Security the latest version.  I do not think that Kaspersky Standard offers something more.
  2. So in general Kaspersky antivirus could be weak in a hacker's attack and sometimes to get turned off ? 

Hello @EGL

Thank you for posting back!

1. Kaspersky Internet Security is Kaspersky's *old* software, it still receives database updates but it's no longer being patched OR developed, Kaspersky have released Kaspersky Standard as the latest version. It's your choice to upgrade or not. 

2. No. 

3. You may wish to log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you: 

image.thumb.png.1e8f69ea8629652f6bde0f8064cee165.png
Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋