I have a variety of issues with Kaspersky Security Centre

I find the KSC obscure and confusing.  There too many things hidden away in folders and sub-folders and the process of getting things done is not intuitive.

For example, I happened to click on the admin server at the top while I was trying to fix something else and saw a message “plugins for KSC13 must be installed” - clicking the link takes you to a page where you can download an MSI which I installed.  The message is still there.  I can't tell from what's presented what I'm supposed to do about it and when I search for help on your website there are so many options it's impossible to tell which is the right one for my system, most of them offer instructions which don't work or refer to things which aren't on my screen.

What am I supposed to do with plugins?  I don’t have all day to search through the help pages, most of which are irrelevant as I’ve said since it is quite difficult to find ones which are relevant to my specific setup.

The there’s the files sitting in Backups which won’t clear, despite not being present on the machine they’re listed as being from.

I’d also like to know why the update process has to be so awkward and clunky.  There seems to be now way to get Kaspersky to just keep itself up to date so you have to struggle through the unhelpful and unfriendly system to get updates to install, only to find the machines you update apparently permanently stuck on “Restart required to complete the update.”

At the moment I regret using the software.  I mean, it seems to stop malware, at least as far as I can tell although most seem to be false positives but I would really like a better management console.  This one just makes my life difficult.

• 3 weeks later...