How to recover vault when Kaspersky Plus expires

Hello, I recently had a kaspersky plus subscription and during that time I created a Super Secret Encrypted Vault that I put on my desktop with a password I know. But that subscription has since ended so I uninstalled the program, I realized that I had my vault with all my documents inside it and needed a way to get it back. I Re-installed kaspersky and got free subscription but I still can't open my vault. I have really important pictures and memories in there that I can't get back, can someone please assist me in recovering my vault? I know the password to the vault so there must be some way!

16 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I Re-installed kaspersky and got free subscriptioncan someone please assist me in recovering my vault? I know the password to the vault so there must be some way!

Hello @Amethyst,

Welcome!

The Secret Vault is available in Plus & Premium subscription plans only, please refer: Comparison of subscription plans

In a nutshell, with an active Plus or Premium subscription, you'd be able to access the really important pictures and memories stored in the Secret vault. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified initial entry

Hello @Berny

About Secret Vault
Available only in Kaspersky Plus and Kaspersky Premium.

Secret Vaults is designed to protect your confidential data against unauthorized access. A Secret Vault is a data storage on your computer that you can lock or unlock using the password that only you know. You have to enter the password to modify the files stored in a secret vault. If you have entered an invalid password 10 times in a row, access to the secret vault is blocked for one hour.

If you lose or forget the password, you will not be able to recover your data.

To create a secret vault, the Kaspersky application uses the AES XTS data encryption algorithm with an effective key length of 56 bits.

If the FAT32 file system is used on your computer, you can create secret vaults no more than 4 GB in size.

image.thumb.jpeg.5f8082f3d9dcbc77576c9128f019ec87.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.007f2ac1424911a90ea55d18dccd391a.jpeg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Amethyst said:
  1. I have the password manager installed and I tried to open the file with Kaspersky password manager, but it just said invalid script or something.
  2. I cannot afford the plus subscription.

Hello @Amethyst

Thank you for posting back!

1. Kaspersky Secret Vault & Password Manager are separate software and are not interchangeable. 
  2. As per Kaspersky's documentation, Secret Vault is only available in Kaspersky Plus and Kaspersky Premium subscriptions.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

The only way to reproduce is to buy kaspersky plus, make a vault, and unsubscribe from kaspersky plus and uninstall the program saving the vault. But I can't afford to buy it I only had the free trial I need a way to recover it without paying. I think if I send the vault to another device and get kaspersky plus trial on that it might work. does anyone know how I can get it back any other way?

On 2/22/2023 at 6:44 AM, Amethyst said:

Hello, I recently had a kaspersky plus subscription and during that time I created a Super Secret Encrypted Vault that I put on my desktop with a password I know. But that subscription has since ended so I uninstalled the program, I realized that I had my vault with all my documents inside it and needed a way to get it back. I Re-installed kaspersky and got free subscription but I still can't open my vault. I have really important pictures and memories in there that I can't get back, can someone please assist me in recovering my vault? I know the password to the vault so there must be some way!

On 2/22/2023 at 6:44 AM, Amethyst said:

i also have issue with my secret vault, i didn't open it for a few days and i tried opening it today and it says invalid password....it is the correct password and how i know it is because i saved the password in kaspersky password manager notes...and the password never changed or updated, i also tried importing backups to see if the password was maybe edited and it was still the same password so this must be an issue with secret vault that needs fixing!! i hope we will not lose our data over this, because it is not our fault.

46 minutes ago, FrezZy said:

i also have issue with my secret vault, i didn't open it for a few days and i tried opening it today and it says invalid password..

Hello @FrezZy

Welcome!

• ?If you lose or forget the password, you will not be able to recover your dataAbout Secret Vault?
  1.  Make sure you're typing in the correct case, type the password into a note/text file? 
  2. Check if the Kaspersky application has updated, which version is installed, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Reboot the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login, recheck if (you) can sign into the Secret Vault?

Read: How to access files stored in a secret vault, if (you're) still unable to access the secret vault contact Kaspersky support, on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Modified 1st statement, added 1 to 3 & resource

just started my pc back up, this time i tried typing the password letter by letter instead of copying and pasting and now it worked. i have no idea if it needed pc shutdown or what. i am so confused.

• Thanks 1