Google dns certificate trust issue

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

Ever since the latest Mac OS (13.6.8) and Kaspersky upgrades last week, I get the error message in the attached image popping up all of the time, no matter what settings I try. It's like a malevolent echo.

Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, is there a way to make it go away, please?

Many thanks!

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 8.39.39 pm.jpg

1 hour ago, lostentimenspace said:

Ever since the latest Mac OS (13.6.8) and Kaspersky upgrades last week, I get the error message in the attached image popping up all of the time, no matter what settings I try. It's like a malevolent echo.

5. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, is there a way to make it go away, please?

Hello @lostentimenspace

Welcome!

1. In your endeavours to get rid of the malevolent echo - has 1. been ticked / checked? IF 'yes' does that check-box clear automatically OR has it been manually cleared? 
  2. Matches publicly available records: Issued For: Google Trust Services, US ( WR2 )
  3. May we see Details please? (Hide any private information before posting)
  4. Please read: Website certificate problem detected by Kaspersky applications for Mac
  5. It may be a false positive, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, fill in the template as shown in the 2nd image below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:  

image.thumb.jpeg.7c31a4ef84654371fc6116a70109d1b9.jpeg

image.thumb.png.17889ff14641e67c140ef2f541c6f000.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
updated template

4 minutes ago, JPCoutant said:

I have the same problem since last month. I checked 'trust dns.google' and all the other things said in the reply, but the error message still comes. It's annoying. 

Hello @JPCoutant

Welcome!

Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service  - https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, fill in the template as shown in the 2nd image below; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you:  

image.thumb.png.fc1bda6e74bd2f5534d6bc42b6043685.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I have been conversing with Kaspersky Support for over 3 weeks on this matter now and the situation gets worse. More and more websites are coming up as a threat and being blocked. Sites such as eBay and my online bank, for example. 

Despite how many times I re-explain all of this, no one at Kaspersky Support seems to (a) bother to read my information, (b) have any idea how to fix it, (c) be able to explain why this has only started to happen recently.

On top of that, I have been getting Kaspersky Hard Disk Health Warnings for my computer, despite the fact that this is not an option in the version I am using.

Again, despite how many times I re-explain all of this, no one at Kaspersky Support seems to (a) bother to read my information, (b) have any idea how to fix it, (c) be able to explain why this can happen.

The constant interruptions and distractions to my workflow have become from both of these issues/glitches/bugs became so overwhelming, and support (sic) from Kaspersky so utterly useless, that I took the matter in hand and found a solution on my own.

My computer now works without interruption. My workflow is unimpeded. My attention is not consumed with having to deal with spurious and inaccurate supposed threat warnings. My life is good now that I have uninstalled Kaspersky and installed Bitefender.

I used to like Kaspersky very much and stayed on as a customer even when the Victorian government dumped them and the US government banned its use. The FBI was wrong though in its assessment. Kaspersky does not pose a security threat because of any backdoor means. Kaspersky poses a security threat because it does not work.

So, I have 10 months of a dead duck subscription. Wasted time is one thing. Wasted money is something else entirely. Kaspersky tells me that they will not give me a pro-rata refund because their money back guarantee is limited to 30 days. While the HDD error happened in this timeframe, I did not report it as it was only minorly annoying and I decided to just put up with it, knowing that contacting help desks usually consumes all of your time and energy and patience with no guarantee of a solution. 

My advice then to anyone with any problem with Kaspersky is to report it immediately if it occurs within 30 days of payment. Do not waste your time or sanity with Kaspersky Support otherwise, as they are, as my late father would say, "As useful as tits on a bull". As I have found, the only guaranteed fix to problems with their software is to find another product, ie: one that works as advertised and as you paid for, and that is not Kaspersky anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@lostentimenspace,

I am a Windows user of Kaspersky Premium since May.  For ten years before that, I was a BD user and a top-ten contributor to their Forums, dealing with the many bugs in the Windows version of that product.

I have been very impressed by the Kaspersky Premium product and would never consider returning to the "competition."  I am really sorry that you had such a bad experience with Kaspersky Technical Support.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil

On 8/6/2024 at 9:05 AM, lostentimenspace said:

Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, is there a way to make it go away, please?

Many thanks!

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 8.39.39 pm.jpg

Hi,

Known bug of Kaspersky for Mac. Will be fixed in the one of next patch.

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, someUseronMac said:

was this issue fixes , because it has been happening so much and the support team is sending me in circles 

Hello @someUseronMac

Welcome!

No, sadly the issue is not yet fixed -> tell the *support team* to read the information from @Danila T., please give them this link: https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/google-dns-certificate-trust-issue-49575/#comment-184234

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋