g_objdt.dat taking up 1.16 GB of RAM

On 4/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, affatube said:

What does this file do? Is it safe to delete?

This file contains temporary data of Kaspersky, the size of 1,6Gb on the disk is normal. You can disable Self-Defense in the Kaspersky product, then exit Kaspersky product and delete the file. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @serbest

What is the size of g_objdt.dat in your system? 

The file is recreated and its size of 1-2Gb is normal. It is a temporary file for Kaspersky, like swap file in Windows (a swap file, also called a page file, is an area on the hard drive used for temporary storage of information.). 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, gcampra said:

I use a KSOS on Windows Server 2012 R2, This file is now up to 21 Gb.  Is this normal? Can I delete this?

Hello @gcampra

Welcome!

Yes, it's normal, it's as per Kaspersky design, please read comments by @Igor Kurzin

"This file contains temporary data of Kaspersky. Disable Self-Defense in the Kaspersky product, then exit Kaspersky product and delete the file."

?IF the issue repeats, uninstall the Kaspersky software, saving License information *only*, then do a clean install. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 1:07 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @serbest

What is the size of g_objdt.dat in your system? 

The file is recreated and its size of 1-2Gb is normal. It is a temporary file for Kaspersky, like swap file in Windows (a swap file, also called a page file, is an area on the hard drive used for temporary storage of information.). 

On 5/13/2022 at 5:54 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Regretfully, this is not possible.

@Igor Kurzin Hi Igor, maybe this is an opportunity for improving the Kasperksy suite. I also find G_OBJDT.DAT (1.2 Gb) and G_OBJID.DAT (111 Mb) cumbersome. I don't like to spend megabytes in my SSD. Try to keep my boot drive clean from unnecessary files greater than 100 Mb. It would be nice if the Kaspersky suite allows installation on a second HD, and customization options for temporary files (file size limit/automatic deleting, or setting an external - not in the SSD - temporary folder for it). I don't mind if it is via Powershell or the like.

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1