Finding Kaspersky Security app

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I received the following message from technical support

"We suggest deleting data and reports from the Kaspersky application. To do so, open the Kaspersky Security app > Customer Service icon in the bottom left corner > Support tool > 'Delete all service data and report' > confirm to Delete"

To which I replied "

Where do I find “Kaspersky Security app”? All I have on my computer, as far as I can see, is  “Kaspersky Anti-Virus” and this does not feature the “Customer Service icon in the bottom left corner > Support tool > 'Delete all service data and report'” you refer to!"

I then go an automatic message saying "To: Kaspersky Support
   Subject: RE: Kaspersky Technical Support - ID INC000016089646 Issue cannot be categorized due to bad description"

Can anybody tell me where I can find
Kaspersky Security app, please

• Solution
40 minutes ago, Antontheman said:

I received the following message from technical support

"We suggest deleting data and reports from the Kaspersky application. To do so, open the Kaspersky Security app > Customer Service icon in the bottom left corner > Support tool > 'Delete all service data and report' > confirm to Delete"

To which I replied "

Where do I find “Kaspersky Security app”? All I have on my computer, as far as I can see, is  “Kaspersky Anti-Virus” and this does not feature the “Customer Service icon in the bottom left corner > Support tool > 'Delete all service data and report'” you refer to!"

I then go an automatic message saying "To: Kaspersky Support
   Subject: RE: Kaspersky Technical Support - ID INC000016089646 Issue cannot be categorized due to bad description"

Can anybody tell me where I can find
Kaspersky Security app, please

Hello @Antontheman

Welcome!

Kaspersky Support are referring to (your) installed Kaspersky software = Kaspersky Anti-Virus - when you open the GUI, in the bottom left-hand-corner, there's a Settings/Gear⚙ icon & a Headset🎧icon:

1. Select Headset🎧
  2. In the Customer Service screen, scroll down to & select Support tools
  3. In the Support Tools screen, scroll down to & select - Delete all service data & reports, select Confirm, to confirm the deletion of the reports

2024-01-17_020817.thumb.png.281aa28b75bbdff8d767fbc8c9174125.png

2024-01-17_022739.thumb.png.4db8fba2761ffb05290a372e7e29ad2c.png

2024-01-17_021304.thumb.png.d4313864c57319515daf3eb0edc3655d.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added icons || Correction, missed a screen, so sorry😔

Actually, the problem I asked support about concerned the fact that using "Spacesniffer" I discovered that the Kaspersky AVP is taking up 41 GB of space on my computer, which is enormous. So they said delete all service data and reports. I did so, thanks to your help Flood, rebooted my computer and then relaunched Spacesniffer and the AVP is still taking up the same amount of space! I will get back to them with this information but has anybody else experienced this issue?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Antontheman said:

Actually, the problem I asked support about concerned the fact that using "Spacesniffer" I discovered that the Kaspersky AVP is taking up 41 GB of space on my computer, which is enormous. So they said delete all service data and reports. I did so, thanks to your help Flood, rebooted my computer and then relaunched Spacesniffer and the AVP is still taking up the same amount of space! I will get back to them with this information but has anybody else experienced this issue?

Hello @Antontheman

Thank you for posting back & the extra information, sorry for delay responding > sleeping 🥱

1. Definitely *enormous*, where are the 41GB of Kaspersky files, which path
  2. (ioe) more often than not it's an old Kaspersky install that's not completed successfully, those files might be in Windows temp... or possibly (Kaspersky) temp/tempio, run the system in Safe mode to work with those.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 2

Flood. Sorry I'm so late getting back to thank you for your post. The Kaspersky team suggested a few things, which did not work but then said to uninstall and then reinstall the program. That did the trick and now it is 1 GB+. Apparently, I had an older version. I thought these things would update themselves but it's amazing it go so bloated in size!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Antontheman said:

Sorry I'm so late getting back to thank you for your post. The Kaspersky team suggested a few things, which did not work but then said to uninstall and then reinstall the program. That did the trick and now it is 1 GB+. Apparently, I had an older version. I thought these things would update themselves but it's amazing it go so bloated in size!

Hello @Antontheman

Thank you for updating the Community, we're delighted to read the issue was resolved with a clean install🤸‍♂️ 

Kaspersky do use total force updates however, occasionally they don't work & may lead to situations such as what you experienced. 

1GB+ is much healthier, it should not grow excessively - over time, if it does you know to refresh it; however - if it *persistently* does, you need to go back to support as it indicates there's an issue with the app & *your* system. 

Thanks again🙏
Flood🐳+🐋