Distribution Point / Update Agent

Go to solution Solved by Konstantin Antonov,

Dear Support, Greetings, I have assigned Distribution Point / Update Agent in KSC with its Scope settings. I want to achieve that when I install Windows Update / third party update task. Is it possible to run Windows Update / third party update task through Distribution Point / Update Agent ? Please guide on this. Thanks

Hi, If you use Update agent all traffic and including Windows Update / Third party update traffic goes throught assigned Update agent. Thank you!
Thanks for the prompt response. This means that Distribution Point / Update Agent can be used for Windows/Third party update installation. 1 more thing wanted to confirm, i have assigned Distribution Point and selected a subnet for its scope, but after verification, subnet is entered correctly but there is no distribution point in the tab (snapshot attached). Please guide. Thanks

Dear Support, In guide its written "If the administrator manually assigns distribution points, they can only be assigned according to administration groups" Does this mean that if we assign distribution point manually, the scope should be administration group not a "SUBNET" ? Is it ? Thanks

Hi, Please use the following article - https://help.kaspersky.com/KSC/11/en-US/3420.htm Thank you!
Dear Support, Thanks for the info, Just need to ask that i have configured a "SUBNET" as a scope for distribution point, and as snapshots are attached in earlier threads it can be seen that its not working, and in the kaspersky article it is written that "If the administrator manually assigns distribution points, they can only be assigned according to administration groups". So please guide that if SUBNET is defined as scope for distribution point, it will not work according to the above statement ? Thanks