Desktop icons will not work.....

Hi, I'm in the UK.  I have subscribed to Kasp for several years now with no issues so far.

However, this morning I clicked in the desktop icon to prompt a scan, database update etc., which I do regularly, and the following message popped up

APPLICATION INSTALLATION ERROR Error 27300. Error installing driver. Error code - 2147024890. Changes made in the operating system will be automatically rolled back.

Followed by:

APPLICATION WAS NOT INSTALLED.  Try installing again or contact Technical Support. 

This page prompted me to Send and Close, which I did.

I then used a free version of Kaspersky to run a check on my laptop and this came up clear, which is good.

I'm not a tech person (I manage with basic knowledge and common sense) but I am stumped as to how I can proceed.

I hope the above makes sense. If anything is unclear/ambiguous, please do say and I will try to explain better.

Thank you in advance for any replies :-) 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BebopGirl said:

Hi, I'm in the UK.  I have subscribed to Kasp for several years now with no issues so far.

However, this morning I clicked in the desktop icon to prompt a scan, database update etc., which I do regularly, and the following message popped up

APPLICATION INSTALLATION ERROR Error 27300. Error installing driver. Error code - 2147024890. Changes made in the operating system will be automatically rolled back.

Followed by:

APPLICATION WAS NOT INSTALLED.  Try installing again or contact Technical Support. 

This page prompted me to Send and Close, which I did.

I then used a free version of Kaspersky to run a check on my laptop and this came up clear, which is good.

I'm not a tech person (I manage with basic knowledge and common sense) but I am stumped as to how I can proceed.

I hope the above makes sense. If anything is unclear/ambiguous, please do say and I will try to explain better.

Hello @BebopGirl

Welcome!

Your post makes perfect sense, do not worry!

1. Since the issue began has the computer been rebooted using *Shutdown*, not Restart, then powered ON by pressing the power button & logging in? 
  2. Read: Error 27300 when installing a Kaspersky application - however - sadly, 2147024890 is not documented.
  3. Please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in the template as shown in the image below; please include images of the error & a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you: 

image.thumb.png.2051edc70394f426ad15f67ea275db45.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Resource:

How to generate a report using Get System Info

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added resource

Hi, and thank you so much for your detailed response.  I shall do what you suggest and yes of course, I will share the, hopefully, positive outcome on here as and when this gets resolved.

kind regards :classic_smile:

Sorry, meant to say that yes I have rebooted and shut down my laptop several times in the hope this may have fixed this issue, but alas, it keeps giving me the same error messages :classic_sad:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

24 hours on and I am still in the same situation.  I have tried to connect with all 4 methods of communication with customer service - phone, chat, email & remote - none of these work as the buttons, when I click them, do nothing whatsoever. 

How on earth am I supposed to receive help and support from customer service when I cannot get hold of them!  

I'm going round in circles !!! :classic_blink:

Edited by BebopGirl
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BebopGirl said:

24 hours on and I am still in the same situation.  I have tried to connect with all 4 methods of communication with customer service - phone, chat, email & remote - none of these work as the buttons, when I click them, do nothing whatsoever. 

How on earth am I supposed to receive help and support from customer service when I cannot get hold of them!  

I'm going round in circles !!! :classic_blink:

Hello @BebopGirl

Thank you for posting back!

Checking UK now!

Sorry, we see UK!!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BebopGirl said:

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but when you say 'we see UK' - what does this mean?

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but when you say 'we see UK' - what does this mean?

Hello @BebopGirl

• Sorry, we asked "which region / location are you in?" there may be a localised issue - *then* we remembered YOU had already shared the location when you posted the topic - so we deleted our comment & we're now off checking UK portal & it looks fine (for us) - https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/b2c/gb

image.thumb.gif.de7412bea329bf198b0bd56d2c3e62c8.gif

• Could you try with the browser in Private / incognito mode please OR try using a different browser please? 
  • Also - which Kaspersky *name* - Standard, Plus OR Premium - are you trying to install? 

Please post back? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

grammar

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I have Kaspersky Total Security and also Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection.

Thinking about this, the issue is really with the icons that were on my desktop - they would not open when clicked, and I was prompted to delete them, which I did (I'm beginning to think maybe I should not have done this....) Anyway, if by deleting the icons, am I correct to assume that Kaspersky will still be running in the background continuing to provide me with the support I need?

I'm still confused about the error messages though I quoted in my original message.

Edited by BebopGirl
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BebopGirl said:

oh, and Kaspersky Plus (forgot this one - sorry!).

Hello @BebopGirl

Thank you for the information!

1. It's not possible to install both AV's - so please read on:
  2. What are the *name* of the icons please? 
  3. On the Window Taskbar *hidden icons*, select the Kaspersky icon, select About - post the Version please - image 1 - below 
  4. IF the Kaspersky icon is showing & in Task-manager - there's an AVP process - see our second image - then Kaspersky is running
  5. BUT - obviously - not well so let's slow down & fix this. 

image.png

image.png

Okay, so I have scrolled through the Taskbar like you said and the only Kasp listed are the Password Manager, which is running, and the VPN Secure Connection, which states 'Stopped'.

Nowhere is there 'hidden icons'.  Without someone actually sitting with me seeing what I see on my screen, this is difficult for me to explain exactly what I am doing at my end.  I am not a tech wizard (I wish I was!!). 

Thing is, this whole scenario started with the icons on my desktop not playing ball.  At no point have I uninstalled Kaspersky, and yet I cannot locate it anywhere on my laptop, apart from the Password Manager and VPN.

I'm at a complete loss :classic_wacko: but I am appreciative for your time & effort so far!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I have scrolled through the Taskbar like you said and the only Kasp listed are the Password Manager, which is running, and the VPN Secure Connection, which states 'Stopped'.

Nowhere is there 'hidden icons'.  Without someone actually sitting with me seeing what I see on my screen, this is difficult for me to explain exactly what I am doing at my end.  I am not a tech wizard (I wish I was!!). 

Thing is, this whole scenario started with the icons on my desktop not playing ball.  At no point have I uninstalled Kaspersky, and yet I cannot locate it anywhere on my laptop, apart from the Password Manager and VPN.

I'm at a complete loss :classic_wacko: but I am appreciative for your time & effort so far!

Hello @BebopGirl

You're very welcome!!

Thank you for posting back! Don't worry we'll get there - we're just going to take it slow. 

1. Taskbar has a little upside down arrow, selecting that shows *hidden icons*  

image.thumb.png.f1ec6604a7786ed0ab0bd6f61638b8a7.png

• When the hidden icons is selected - there should be the Kaspersky icon, IF there is, select it, right-click & select About

image.thumb.png.2070deb7a15c9fd365102cf8f9a12865.png

added K-about

Posted (edited)

Okay, I have done this, and the only hidden icon is the Password Manager, which is showing on the desktop.  There are no icons for Kasp Total Security....

Edited by BebopGirl
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BebopGirl said:

Okay, I have done this, and the only hidden icon is the Password Manager, which is showing on the desktop.  There are no icons for Kasp Total Security....

Hello @BebopGirl

Thank you for posting back & the information! 

Ok, now go to Windows Search, type in Program - it *should* auto-populate & the Add or remove programs app will show - select that =  image 1 -  in the Apps & Features window - Search field type Kaspersky - see image 2 - post back an image of what you see please?

image.thumb.png.2b55f5a3ec3cd3cd71f1496a94939a54.png

image.thumb.png.5f814a65588dac8d221c103a92680a62.png

5 minutes ago, BebopGirl said:

Don't seem to be able to..... are you able to help?

Thanks @BebopGirl

Thank you, the mods will assist, we've alerted them. 

The screen shot was great BTW, sorry didn't thank you😅

Go back to *hidden icons*, this time right-click *hidden icons*, then select Task-manager from the list, in the Task-manager window, select the Processes tab & scroll thru until you see Kaspersky - make sure the *active* process is Kaspersky & not Kaspersky Password Manager OR Kaspersky VPN 

image.thumb.png.cc860e46abed7e6f5a95d356bd28b064.png

image.thumb.png.1db6fecb52f9ceb5128e024e9e46e346.png

Thank you btw - I realise what I had done once you'd alerted me, DOH!

The only Kasp showing is the PM one...... no others are showing in the Task Manager under Processes.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BebopGirl said:

Thank you btw - I realise what I had done once you'd alerted me, DOH!

The only Kasp showing is the PM one...... no others are showing in the Task Manager under Processes.....

Hello @BebopGirl

You're most welcome! We were trying to be discreet, LOL!

1. OK, now sign into your MyKaspersky account, go to the Subscriptions tab & find the Kaspersky Total Security subscription - copy the Activation code, sign out of MyK.
  2. Create a Windows Restore point, readHow to create a restore point in Windows
  3. Download Kavremover
  4. Read the Kavremover documentation very carefully: Removal tool for Kaspersky applications on Windows (kavremover)
  5. To use Kavremover - the computer needs to be run in Safe Mode - readHow to start a Windows PC in Safe Mode
  6. When Kavremover is run - take a screen-print showing the applications that are installed - it may shows *lots* of applications you don't know - don't worry, just look for Kaspersky Total Security, Kaspersky Password Manager & KVPN. 

Post back the image please?

Okay, thanks so much for all the info.  Just so you know, I've been able to reinstall the desktop icons in the meantime, however, I still get the same error code messages pop up when double clicking to open them - and here's me thinking I'd magically 'fixed' it!! :classic_biggrin:

I will follow your instructions shortly, but for now I need a break from the screen.  I shall message you once I have followed your guidance.  

5 minutes ago, BebopGirl said:

Okay, thanks so much for all the info.  Just so you know, I've been able to reinstall the desktop icons in the meantime, however, I still get the same error code messages pop up when double clicking to open them - and here's me thinking I'd magically 'fixed' it!! :classic_biggrin:

I will follow your instructions shortly, but for now I need a break from the screen.  I shall message you once I have followed your guidance.  

Hello @BebopGirl

Thank you for the information! 

Have a break - enjoy it!! & please don't try & perform any more magic, this is hard enough already😂

Hi, turns out my laptop was corrupted so I have had it fixed and restored, and Kaspersky is up & running!! :classic_biggrin:

Thank you for your help, it was very much appreciated :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BebopGirl said:

Hi, turns out my laptop was corrupted so I have had it fixed and restored, and Kaspersky is up & running!! :classic_biggrin:

Thank you for your help, it was very much appreciated :classic_smile:

Hello @BebopGirl

You're most welcome!

Excellent, well done, thank you for taking the time to update the Community!

Also Kaspersky Total Security has been replaced by Kaspersky Plus, you may wish to upgrade, the upgrade is free & is *like-for-like*, read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.

Kaspersky Plus can be downloaded from: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product

Any questions or issues, don't hesitate to ask!

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋