Default Password length setting

Olli

Hi,

i am using password manager version 23.2.0.242 with Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.2506 (german).

Within the password manager i am using the password generator for new password and to change passords into strong passwords.

By default the password length is 16 - of course i can set it customized to more than 16 - i prefere at least 24 but the setting can not be saved somewhere. Every time i want to create a new passwort the default length is set back to 16.

grafik.png.3bd257e7a4f1559098c27127e754c34b.png

Does anybody know if it is possible to set the default length somewhere in the programm settings - i could not find any possibility.

tnx,

Olli

Edited by Olli

28 minutes ago, Olli said:

Password manager version 23.2.0.242, Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.2506 (german).

Within the password manager i am using the password generator for new password and to change passords into strong passwords.

By default the password length is 16 - of course i can set it customized to more than 16 - i prefere at least 24 but the setting can not be saved somewhere. Every time i want to create a new passwort the default length is set back to 16.

1. Does anybody know if it is possible to set the default length somewhere in the programm settings - i could not find any possibility.

Hello @Olli

From Kaspersky's documentation: 

1. On the Default tab, you can change password generation parameters but cannot save them. When you switch the tab or close the Password Generator window, the parameters are reset to default.

By default, all checkboxes are selected.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

15 hours ago, Olli said:

So the possibility to save the setting might be an proposal to Kaspersky for an improvment 🙃

Hello @Olli

You're very welcome!

It's one of the better & most commonsense *changes* we've seen presented in the Community -> submitted!

Spoiler

USER_2023-11-14_134939.thumb.jpg.e3d8be5d49faba8073b305e651affeb2.jpg

However, please note, not all changes are accecpted & even those that are may take an extraordinarily long time - sometimes *years*, to be processed. 

IF & when we receive any feedback, we will share it here in (your) tropic. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image