Cannot turn on Kaspersky Protection Extension in MS Edge

Go to solution Solved by Buddel,

The Kaspersky Protection Extension can be easily installed and turned on in Firefox, but the extension doesn't seem to work in MS Edge. I can install it in MS Edge, but it can't be turned on, which renders the extension useless. It's probably a Microsoft thing that can't be fixed, isn't it?

MSEdge.thumb.png.1a471b84b15e386571add3b217e0cc43.png

2 hours ago, Buddel said:

The Kaspersky Protection Extension can be easily installed and turned on in Firefox, but the extension doesn't seem to work in MS Edge. I can install it in MS Edge, but it can't be turned on, which renders the extension useless. It's probably a Microsoft thing that can't be fixed, isn't it?

MSEdge.thumb.png.1a471b84b15e386571add3b217e0cc43.png

Hello @Buddel

1. Also, what is the Edge version? 
  2. What is the KPE version? 
  3. Make sure Allow extensions from other stores is toggled ON, uninstall KPE from Edge & reinstall from the Chrome webstore: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/kaspersky-protection/ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Make sure Allow extensions from other stores is toggled ON, uninstall KPE from Edge & reinstall from the Chrome webstore: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/kaspersky-protection/ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm
  • Like 1

1.) The extension is installed in Edge, but it is not activated.

2.) Current Edge version: Version 127.0.2651.86 (Offizielles Build) (64-Bit)

3.) Version 2.10.9.1

4.) Tried that already, it does not work.

Thanks for you help anyway.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Buddel said:

4.) Tried that already, it does not work.

Hello @Buddel

Thank you for the information!

We use Edge with the extension, on 5 computers, it works perfectly, so we're not sure what you mean by "It's probably a Microsoft thing that can't be fixed, isn't it?"

• -> Log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts  - on the support page, select either Email or Chat, then fill in the template as shown; please include a *detailed history*. Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you: 

image.thumb.png.4f8dbd10d7bc14f8e425d6bee5e2b12f.png

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks again. I logged a request with Kaspersky Customer Service an hour or two ago.

PS: If a Kaspersky employee needs the request ID, please feel free to send me a personal message.

Edited by Buddel
  • Thanks 1

I have just tried to find the K extension on both the Chrome Web Store and on the MS Edge Add-on website -- I couldn't find it. The extension is still available as an add-on for Firefox, but what about Chrome and Edge. Strange...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buddel said:

I have just tried to find the K extension on both the Chrome Web Store and on the MS Edge Add-on website -- I couldn't find it. The extension is still available as an add-on for Firefox, but what about Chrome and Edge. Strange...

Hello @Buddel

Thank you for posting back!

In response to our reply, Dot point 4 above: "Make sure Allow extensions from other stores is toggled ON, uninstall KPE from Edge & reinstall from the Chrome webstore: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/kaspersky-protection/ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm"

You said: "4.) Tried that already, it does not work."

So, at that time could you not find the extension in Edge / Chrome OR is it you cannot find KPE since then? 

In Edge: edge://extensions/?id=ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm

image.thumb.png.8e40f237e70fc2df47c707d8498a70cd.png

In Chrome: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/kaspersky-protection/ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm

image.thumb.png.eb300855b64dabf3f6978bee23e8205b.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Flood and Flood's wife:

So, at that time could you not find the extension in Edge / Chrome OR is it you cannot find KPE since then? 

I can find the extension in the Chrome/Edge store when I click the "Turn on" button in the Kaspersky GUI. However, when I go the Chrome/Edge store and "manually" look for the extension by typing "Kaspersky" in the search field, the extension cannot be found.

I can find KPE in my Edge browser. It is still installed, but the extension is not activated. Weird.

PS: Here is a screenshot of what I see in my Edge browser. The extension is is there but greyed out:

KPE_Edge.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Buddel said:
  1. I can find the extension in the Chrome/Edge store when I click the "Turn on" button in the Kaspersky GUI.
  2. However, when I go the Chrome/Edge store and "manually" look for the extension by typing "Kaspersky" in the search field, the extension cannot be found.
  3. I can find KPE in my Edge browser. It is still installed, but the extension is not activated. Weird.

Hello @Buddel, 

Thank you for posting back!

KPE cannot be searched for manually like you're describing in 2. 

Wait for Kaspersky Customer Service  - give them a *complete history* & take it from there. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1

Yes, let's just wait for a reply from Kaspersky Customer Service. I still hope this can be fixed somehow. It's not that important for me because Edge is just used as a secondary browser here. However, a solution to this issue would definitely be welcome.

I removed MS Edge from my computer earlier this day. Therefore, it is now even less important for me to find a solution to this strange issue. Anyway, if Kaspersky Customer Service knows what to do about it, I will post back.