Cannot discover devices in local network

LouisLewis
Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

Hi,

Currently my KSC server (10.0.0.254) is managing devices in the same ip range

I want to install KES on target device with ip 10.0.2.40.

I have configured firewall, can ping from KSC to target machine and from target machine to KSC machine.

But when I discover device from KSC, the server still cannot find the target device. I've tried installing using stand-alone installation package but still not able to connect to KSC.

Am I missing out on something? Please let me know if there is any way to fix it.

Thank you

Good day

There may be errors in the operation of the network administration agent, unless of course you forgot to install it ?

check the correctness of specifying the KSC server in the package settings for the network administration agent

Спойлер

image.png.5bd803070d12b08ee7583f2115f5ca8c.png

check on your 10.0.2.40 device whether the Network Administration Agent is working correctly. this can be done using the utility in the following way

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\klcsngtgui.exe

Спойлер

image.png.6fb933367da72357b169f6bc3ae223d3.png

run as administrator

make sure everything is correct

run the utility - klnagchk

Спойлер

image.png.efc67b0468d8002c8d03d514319c763f.png

make sure there are no errors

Спойлер

image.thumb.png.5f7bcea3e7a9ed388ad70aa8062837a6.png

well, and probably don’t forget to check that there is an opportunity to communicate on TCP ports 13000, 14000, UDP port 15000 on the network between the server and the client

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ElvinE5 said:

Good day

There may be errors in the operation of the network administration agent, unless of course you forgot to install it ?

check the correctness of specifying the KSC server in the package settings for the network administration agent

Hide contents

image.png.5bd803070d12b08ee7583f2115f5ca8c.png

check on your 10.0.2.40 device whether the Network Administration Agent is working correctly. this can be done using the utility in the following way

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\klcsngtgui.exe

Hide contents

image.png.6fb933367da72357b169f6bc3ae223d3.png

run as administrator

make sure everything is correct

run the utility - klnagchk

Hide contents

image.png.efc67b0468d8002c8d03d514319c763f.png

make sure there are no errors

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.5f7bcea3e7a9ed388ad70aa8062837a6.png

well, and probably don’t forget to check that there is an opportunity to communicate on TCP ports 13000, 14000, UDP port 15000 on the network between the server and the client

First, Thanks for the advice

I checked and found the Administration Server Address is correct.

But when I select "send heartbeat" I get the message "connection has been terminated"

utility - klnagchk returns synchronization request values all return 0 like this

Spoiler

kasser.png.c617a28441b3a9142fc8fd5574c3d33b.png

All TCP 13000, 14000 and UDP 15000 ports are allowed on both server and client

• Solution

this is an error, cannot establish an SSL connection, probably the certificate does not match.

Спойлер

image.png.194dbe06b205759821d40d707584cf15.png

try on the client on the same path there is another utility

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\klmover.exe

run cmd as administrator, and go to folder

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\NetworkAgent\

command format - klmover -address <you server name or IP> 

for example -  klmover -address KASSRV

you have a server DNS name KASSER, I would recommend using the IP address ... it's more reliable that way.

the command will reconnect the client to the server and get the necessary certificate from it.

wait a few minutes for the agent to restart, check the connection with the utility again and try to send a heartbeat packet, if everything is fine the device should appear on the KSC server, possibly in the "unassigned devices" section

Edited by ElvinE5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ElvinE5 said:

this is an error, cannot establish an SSL connection, probably the certificate does not match.

Hide contents

you have a server DNS name KASSER, I would recommend using the IP address ... it's more reliable that way.

the command will reconnect the client to the server and get the necessary certificate from it.

wait a few minutes for the agent to restart, check the connection with the utility again and try to send a heartbeat packet, if everything is fine the device should appear on the KSC server, possibly in the "unassigned devices" section

Thank you very much, it solved my problem

I changed the name to my server IP using the klmover command and now it works

• 4 months later...
On 12/8/2022 at 10:09 AM, LouisLewis said:

klnagchk

On 12/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, ElvinE5 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hi I have similar problems some of my client pc got this problem when I open the network agent configuration, klmover and klnagchk application crash, what should I do?

I already tried to reinstall network agen too.

I think for a start you can try to completely uninstall and reinstall the network administration agent

try to install from the "raw" package, going through all the steps of the wizard with manually specifying the necessary settings.

since your Win 7 may be missing some security updates from Microsoft, during installation you may see messages indicating this ...

there are also some malwares that can specifically disable or break security solutions as part of their attack ... you can check the problematic host using a special boot disk - https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/krd18?_ga=2.130592015.1285616959.1682303236-1239542545.1648549525