Cannot Boot Kaspersky Rescue Disk

fudge

Unable to boot Kaspersky Rescue Disk on my dual boot computer, It seems Kaspersky found and quarantined a Trojan.Win32.Ramnit.dto did lots of updating and cleaning, and i rebooted into Windows7 to find a windows alert that a long file name ending with COMCTL32.dll was missing, and slowly things got worse to the point i could not boot up computer anymore. Ive had and used Kaspersky for over 8 years, never had problems until now. I cant boot anything Windows repair, nor Kaspersky Rescue Disk CD. But i am able to boot Bitdefender Rescue CD, ESET Rescue disk, and Trend Micro Rescue disk CD's. My computer BIOS is Black, but otherwise computer turns on and runs, it just can't boot anything windows or Kaspersky Rescue disk, but seems to be able to boot from some other selective rescue disk CDs, which is very odd and weird...

I appreciate your time and reply, thank you. Yes, I have read all Kaspersky instructions and your website link. I am very familiar with using BIOS, and have always had it set to legacy mode, and to boot from a CD/DVD first. I cannot try to see or disable if a UEFI Secure Boot because I cannot access the BIOS. My computer's BIOS at boot, is a Black Screen without any text at all, and the monitor stays in a sleep mode. Otherwise the computer starts up and loads like normal except black, and seems not able to find anything that is Windows. I have tried to use the keys to get into BIOS at startup without any success and it is useless. I have tried to boot with my Retail Windows install CDs, also with Windows Repair Floppy 3.5 disk, and Windows7 repair CD disk, Also with EasyRE CDs, with NO success, none of any Windows repair disks will boot up. So far now, I can boot my computer with only *SELECTIVE* DVD/CDs: Bitdefender rescue disk boots up but i cant get past the PW, Trend Micro Rescue Disk boots up and I was able to run a very long malware check, about 2-3hrs, and i see it checking ALL my WindowsXP3 and Windows7 files as it scans everything, I even tried to reset the MBR, but no change. Then ESET rescue disk boots up and i get a very nice looking UI desktop, and i do selective or all malware scans, plus tools, but so far cant fix problem. This problem started right after Kaspersky found and cleaned the Trojan.Win32.Ramnit.dto Kaspersky did lots of cleaning and updating and requested reboot, after reboot, first the BIOS was missing and only a blue boot menu, then next reboot, no boot menu, Booting was black until it reached 2nd BIOS phase and monitor came on out of a sleep mode just as Windows loaded up, Then after a week nothing was able to load anymore. Now only a few *selective* rescue disks that i mentioned above will boot, and from what i see is these are a ubuntu type.

• 1 year later...