Can Kaspersky block applications from downloading stuffs?

MaheshPanth

Hello there. I've been using Kaspersky Antivirus for over 2 years now and it's doing great. I have a question that can Kaspersky block applications from downloading items in my windows 10 PC? For example, I was trying to login to "Unity Hub" which is a game development engine, it said failed error due to some certificate related problems. Again, I have Gdevelop installed, which is another game development engine, I was able to login there, but whenever I try to download assets from their inbuilt asset store inside the Gdevelop software, it gave me errors as follows:

• Error: Error invoking remote method ‘local-file-download’
  • Error: Self signed certificate in certificate chain

I posted in their forums as well and they told me that any antivirus software could be blocking connection to their servers. So, the only antivirus I have installed is Kaspersky and I had to ask it here too. Could it be that, due to some reasons or methods, Kaspersky is blocking those downloads? Could this happen or is there any additional issue with my computer? My internet speed is fine, it has downloading speed of around 50mpbs.

So, can you help me sort this thing out? I need to find a solution to this so that I will be able to download the assets from the particular app stores. Hope you understand what I am trying to explain. Thanks in advance.

Hello @MaheshPanth

Welcome!

Please share with us: 

1. Kaspersky version & patch(x), on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Windows OS version & build, refer: Find OS version?
  3. Go to Kaspersky Anti-Virus Reports, look for any Unity Hub errors, any certificate errors or any other errors in the timeframe when the issue is happening - IF there are errors in the Reports, save the Report as a text file, upload to cloud & post the sharelink the please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
corrected grammar?

23 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MaheshPanth

Welcome!

Please share with us: 

1. Kaspersky version & patch(x), on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  3. Go to Kaspersky Anti-Virus Reports, look for any Unity Hub errors, any certificate errors or any other errors in the timeframe when the issue is happening - IF there are errors in the Reports, save the Report as a text file, upload to cloud & post the sharelink the please? 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hello, where can I share those detail? here?

23 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MaheshPanth

Welcome!

Please share with us: 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I am using the Kaspersky Anti Virus 21.3.10.291 (j)

For windows:

• Microsoft windows 10 Home
  • Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2486)

I searched for unity inside web antivirus and got the following:

image.thumb.png.619a58258117e6ecc0deb8f447a250d5.png

also this:

image.thumb.png.a1042e5bb5dfb1d35baa3c507a2585ca.png

Hello @MaheshPanth

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Check the system time?
  2. Make sure all Windows patches & updates have a 'successfully applied' status?
  3. Log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  4. Note, the second issue 'size', identified in the Reports, is separate; please raise this with support as well. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

SSL Report: unity-cn-cdn-prd.unitychina.cn

SSL Labs: New Grades for Trust (T) and Mismatch (M) Issues

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 1 & 2 & 4.

9 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @MaheshPanth

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Check the system time?
  2. Make sure all Windows patches & updates have a 'successfully applied' status?
  3. Log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  4. Note, the second issue 'size', identified in the Reports, is separate; please raise this with support as well. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources:

SSL Report: unity-cn-cdn-prd.unitychina.cn

SSL Labs: New Grades for Trust (T) and Mismatch (M) Issues

This problem is indeed created by kaspersky anti virus. I uninstalled Kaspersky anti virus and the software that I am trying to use is working again.

1. My system time is system default global up to date

2. Windows updated to latest version.

3. okay

• Thanks 1