Block .exe in Firewall

splinter
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Hey guys! Sometimes I need to block a program in the kaspersky firewall, I am doing it by clicking on the gear symbol, then firewall, then manage the programm rules. That are a freaking lot of steps on the one hand and on the other hand, sometimes the programs are not listed there before I start them the first time. SO I need to unblug by internet, start close the program and then again try to block it in the firewall. But even then some .exe are still not visible there!

Is there a better step to block stuff in firewall? I want to right click an .exe and open it in Kaspersky with the option to reduce its rights and turn off the inet connection!

Or atleast having a real search function in the kaspersky rule tab, because there I can only search for programs that have been yet started, I want to search by location and put in stuff that kaspersky is not aware of yet.

I hope that I just did not find the function, and someone can teach me. But if there is indeed no function like this, it needs to be added very soon!

• Solution

Hello @splinter, Welcome.

I can answer one of your questions:

29 minutes ago, splinter said:

...sometimes the programs are not listed there before I start them the first time. SO I need to unblug by internet, start close the program and then again try to block it in the firewall. But even then some .exe are still not visible there!

In the Application Manager (apart from some standard programs) only those are listed which have already been started and examined. You have noticed that correctly.

But you can add programs manually, so rules can be created before the first start.

Open 'Manage Applications' and right-click on the group you want to add the program to (moving it later is also possible). After 'Add application to Group' you can search and add your program.

Spoiler

image.png.65bf7cf383b73f029a085254b0b4a501.png

• Like 3

Welcome to Kaspersky Community.

You are right, there are probably quite steps to add a custom Intrusion Prevention and/or FireWall rule.

If You only wants for now just block an app to connect to NetWork, you can just do it via Intrusion Prevention settings:

Settings gear icon -> Security -> Intrusion Prevention -> Manage Applications -> on top right of the windows use Search form to find the app -> once found it, go to its NetWork column and select Deny:

image.thumb.png.c939ccddcb59ab37bb41c9fc7613a4fc.png

But agree, there are lots of steps to access to custom advanced rules.

You can suggest to Kaspersky to simplify this by sending a suggestion via a ticket to Kaspersky Support, selecting Feedback -> I have a suggestion.

• Like 3

Thank you everyone for the fast and helpful responses!

I tried the first suggestion, from Moderator Schulte, and I think that is the function I was searching for (well, unfortunatly also many steps, but atleast I can add an app without starting it). I am very greatful for all your help.

I hope in the future this process could be speed-up by right-clicking the file and managing it directly.

Thanks again.

• Like 2