Ban in the EU ?

Go to solution Solved by Berny,

I live in the EU, can any one tell me what the situation is with regard to the ban. If it is implemented in the EU which is almost certain then what are the best solutions, given that I won't buy any US product.

I am so sick and tired of these petulant little s..theads.

I have been using Kaspersky for 15+years without any problems. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, steve33 said:

I live in the EU, can any one tell me what the situation is with regard to the ban. If it is implemented in the EU which is almost certain then what are the best solutions, given that I won't buy any US product.

Hello @steve33

Welcome back!

Please read the advice from @MedvedevUnited, in US Government Ban on private use of Kaspersky anti-virus:

image.thumb.png.38cd3b062f6eb8b6dc4b99a5055ad14d.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added statement from MedvedevUnited/Kaspersky
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to Ban in the EU ?
21 hours ago, steve33 said:

Hello @steve33,

@MedvedevUnited has posted another update: Guide on Kaspersky software availability in the United States

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 2

• Solution

@steve33

I live in the EU, can any one tell me what the situation is with regard to the ban.

The EU is not involved in this issue and is a different subject.
I am located in the EU and will update this Topic when needed.

• Like 3

I live in the EU, can any one tell me what the situation is with regard to the ban. *If* it is implemented in the EU which is almost certain then what are the best solutions, given that I won't buy any US product.

16 minutes ago, Berny said:

@steve33

The EU is not involved in this issue and is a different subject.
I am located in the EU and will update this Topic when needed.

Keeping @steve33 informed @Berny

In the free world sharing information is considered to be democratic, sensible & healthy. 

IF *you* don't want a topic updated - lock it so no one runs afoul of your unknown rules. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 2

Please excuse me for not replying sooner but I was unable to. Thanks very much for the information. I am sorry if I was a little upset in my email but I am getting so sick and tired of this childish behaviour.  If the EU tries to bans it, and I can see it coming, it may be  that a member refuses and then individual members make their own reponses and Germany, France etc will also ban.

Can I still then update using VPN?

I refuse to give up Kaspersky, it has done a perfect job for me for so many years

Flood, when you say "IF *you* don't want a topic updated - lock it so no one runs afoul of your unknown rules." to what are you referring? Should I be locking the topic because I have no idea how to do so.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 10:27 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @steve33

Welcome back!

Please read the advice from @MedvedevUnited, in US Government Ban on private use of Kaspersky anti-virus:

image.thumb.png.38cd3b062f6eb8b6dc4b99a5055ad14d.png

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Hi Flood.

Many thanks for the information. I simply refuse to give up on kaspersky, it has done a perfect job for me and I will not swap to something else. The pressure from the US will be immense for the EU to tow the US line so I see an EU ban being very difficult to avoid. If there is no EU ban individual countries e.g. Germany, France will ban.

Do you know if I can use VPN to update and so avoid a ban? Also what is the maximum length extension I can purchase? 

Maybe I'll just have to move out of Europe.

Steve  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, steve33 said:

Flood, when you say "IF *you* don't want a topic updated - lock it so no one runs afoul of your unknown rules." to what are you referring? Should I be locking the topic because I have no idea how to do so.

Hello @steve33

Thank you for posting back!

Berny replied to you: 

He said

qte

"The EU is not involved in this issue and is a different subject.
I am located in the EU and will update this Topic when needed."

endqte

We replied to him:

qte

"IF *you* don't want a topic updated - lock it so no one runs afoul of your unknown rules." 

endqte

******************************************************************************************

• As far as we could see (you) were asking - IF - the same ban were to happen in Europe what would (you) do - we responded by providing (you) with the information that Kaspersky has published at this time. 
  • The topic that we shared with (you), with information from @MedvedevUnited will be updated when it's available. 
  • Various community members have been asking the VPN question in the topic we shared with you: US Government Ban on private use of Kaspersky anti-virus
  • It's early days, none of us know more than what has been made available by @MedvedevUnited on behalf of Kaspersky. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar
  • Like 2

@steve33

Welcome back , please no excuses and no worries ... 👍

14 hours ago, steve33 said:

If the EU tries to bans it, and I can see it coming,

Anticipations and speculations based on unofficial sources are unreliable and are creating confusion among our EU Forum members & Forum guests,  we first need real facts that are not based on hypotheses and probabilities.

Important → Please see above Post from @harlan4096 ???

10 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

We replied to him

I only follow guidelines from Forum Admin , thank you for your understanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2024 at 7:56 PM, harlan4096 said:

@steve33: where are You from?

Hi Bernie, 

Sorry for the delay but medical problems took me offline for a month. Where I am from? Not sure now, originally from New Zealand but have lived in various countries around the world for the last 40 years and was last in NZ in 1991 for a funeral.

Thanks very much for the solution to my problem. I am relieved because I refuse to give up my Kaspersky. In the last two days I have been getting large updates, first one Marketing and today a programme upgrade. Is this legitimate or is someone trying to send me tainted software?

Steve 

On 7/5/2024 at 10:53 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @steve33

Thank you for posting back!

Berny replied to you: 

He said

qte

"The EU is not involved in this issue and is a different subject.
I am located in the EU and will update this Topic when needed."

endqte

We replied to him:

qte

"IF *you* don't want a topic updated - lock it so no one runs afoul of your unknown rules." 

endqte

******************************************************************************************

• As far as we could see (you) were asking - IF - the same ban were to happen in Europe what would (you) do - we responded by providing (you) with the information that Kaspersky has published at this time. 
  • The topic that we shared with (you), with information from @MedvedevUnited will be updated when it's available. 
  • Various community members have been asking the VPN question in the topic we shared with you: US Government Ban on private use of Kaspersky anti-virus
  • It's early days, none of us know more than what has been made available by @MedvedevUnited on behalf of Kaspersky. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Dear Flood,

Sorry for my abrupt disappearance but medical problems have kept me offline in July. Thank you for all your help with the ban issue. I refuse to give up either my Kaspersky software or this forum which is the best support forum I have encountered in the last 40 years both working in IT and as a customer.

Many thanks

Steve

• Like 3

On 7/5/2024 at 7:56 PM, harlan4096 said:

@steve33: where are You from?

Hi Harlan, 

I sent my reply to Berny by mistake.

Sorry for the delay but medical problems took me offline for a month. Where I am from? Not sure now, originally from New Zealand but have lived in various countries around the world for the last 40 years and was last in NZ in 1991 for a funeral.

Thanks very much for the solution to my problem. I am relieved because I refuse to give up my Kaspersky. In the last two days I have been getting large updates, first one Marketing and today a programme upgrade. Is this legitimate or is someone trying to send me tainted software?

Steve

@steve33 Welcome back 👍

9 hours ago, steve33 said:

I refuse to give up my Kaspersky.

This Topic is a cocktail from the US Ban with the current situation in the EU. The basic structure from the US and the EU is however completely different, and the fact is that recently no banning resolution against using Kaspersky products in the EU has been proposed by the EP.

• Like 4