Backup repository

I am running KSC 10.5.1781 and my question is: If an infected file has been put into the backup repository does that mean that the item is no longer an issue for that server? Also, how long do the files remain in the backup repository? Thanks

Hi warren83 ! Kaspersky Security Center creates a summarized list of files placed in Quarantine or Backup by Kaspersky Lab applications on the devices. Network Agents on client devices transmit information about the files in Quarantine and Backup to the Administration Server. The default maximum storage term for files is 30 days. After expiration of the maximum storage term, Kaspersky Endpoint Security deletes the oldest files from Backup.

Hello Capoano If I am understanding this correct then the file placed in backup is basically isolated from the server and will do no further harm correct? Also, is there a way to adjust the default maximum storage term of 30 days? Thanks again for the prompt answers Warren83

Hello Capoano If I am understanding this correct then the file placed in backup is basically isolated from the server and will do no further harm correct? Also, is there a way to adjust the default maximum storage term of 30 days? Thanks again for the prompt answers Warren83
Yes, you understand correctly. You can change default settings in Kaspersky Endpoint Security Policy > General Settings > Reports and Storage > Backup. Best regards.