Add device types to Smart Home Monitor?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

New to the Plus version and looking into the Smart Home Monitor tool.
What I miss is adding device types other than the defaults. Is there any way to add like these:

Network Switch or WLAN (not a router)

VoIP Phone (not mobile but like DECT)

I also wonder what type a Raspberry Pi (Computer?) or Amazon Echo Dot would be, as these are now also have the "Unknown device" type status.

3 hours ago, Matthijs said:

New to the Plus version and looking into the Smart Home Monitor tool.
What I miss is adding device types other than the defaults. Is there any way to add like these:

Network Switch or WLAN (not a router)

VoIP Phone (not mobile but like DECT)

I also wonder what type a Raspberry Pi (Computer?) or Amazon Echo Dot would be, as these are now also have the "Unknown device" type status.

Hello @Matthijs,

Welcome!

Kaspersky Plus Smart Home protects (your) wireline Ethernet networks and Wi-Fi networks against unauthorized connections.

*Read: Smart Home Monitor

The *available* Device types are:

USER_2024-02-17_102822.thumb.jpg.d00d493dcd936ff1177f1bde1eb06f7d.jpg

1. Are the Network Switch & Voip *known / defined* on / to  the router? IF 'no' how is Smart Home expected to know about them?  
  2. For Raspberry Pi & the Echo Dot - check the router configuration - how is each device defined, depending on the router (you) may be able to refine the configuration for each device so that the information Smart Home receives is specific. 
  3. (ioo) the Raspberry Pi & Echo Dot could easily be defined from the available list, ditto for the N/W Switch - the Voip/DECT woud probably be difficult to define from the available list. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added image

7 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Kaspersky Plus Smart Home protects (your) wireline Ethernet networks and Wi-Fi networks against unauthorized

That is a bit falls hope as it will only notify you and you need to the action (blocking) yourself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But it's good to be notified about changes, like new devices in the network. I only wish there was a way to add types other than the default. I now realise this is not possible. For me, a lot where defined as "Unknown device" type, even if the Vendor field would give you a clue (like RPi Vendor = Raspberry Pi Trading Ltd).

• Thanks 1

• Solution
23 minutes ago, Matthijs said:
  1. That is a bit falls hope as it will only notify you and you need to the action (blocking) yourself. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  2. But it's good to be notified about changes, like new devices in the network. I only wish there was a way to add types other than the default. I now realise this is not possible. For me, a lot where defined as "Unknown device" type, even if the Vendor field would give you a clue (like RPi Vendor = Raspberry Pi Trading Ltd).

Hello @Matthijs

Thank you for posting back & the extra questions! 

1. We're a little unclear what "That is a bit falls hope... " means, however, you're correct - blocking an *unknown* device is a manual intervention, undertaken by the user: read: How to deny network access for a device
  2. We happen to agree, it would be good if the feature was more configurable, however, in the existing version, it's not. 
  3. IF (you) wish for Kaspersky software to be enhanced, (you're) welcome to raise a Feedback, I have a suggestion or Feedback, I have a complaint request, with  Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts

Provide as much information as possible & *define* the request clearly; include screen-images if they help explain the request; support may communicate with you & discuss the proposal. All requests go thru the relevant team/s, not all requests are successful & even successful requests may take a long time to be implemented

Please share any outcome or progress with the Community. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling😌

In summary: It's not possible to add new device types.

I do like the idea to suggest this as feedback, will do that.
But I hope they will do a better job in detection of device types.

Thanks,

Matthijs

• Thanks 1