Access denied for images hosted on IPFS server from Cloudflare?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi guys,

We display a lot of images from different third-party web applications. Many of them use IPFS servers like CloudFlare IPFS (https://cf-ipfs.com/ipfs/) for their image hosting. When we display those images now on our system our members get from Kaspersky Total Security a warning for those images and they get blocked or not processed.

The interesting thing is that the same image on ipfs.io dont creates any issue or warning. For some reason only IPFS files from Cloudflare cause the warning.

Is there anything that we could do? I believe those warnings are false positives and we are talking only about images that are hosted on IPFS.

Thank you for some more information in advance

Screenshot_1.png

• Solution
2 hours ago, oliver2000 said:
  1. Is there anything that we could do?

Hello @oliver2000

Welcome!

It helps if the *actual* error is shared... 

Kaspersky is not the only security provider who has an issue with the files:

image.thumb.jpeg.1a363569c5e3c58cc4687ba2851b253e.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.712d9e0172102703ce9c618ee20f31aa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3724884059ed64bcc64d2e092ea9ecdf.jpeg 

1. ?Only Kaspersky's Virus Lab experts can analyze & verify False positives, please follow *all* of this guide: Kaspersky application blocks my website or application. What should I do?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

Hello again,

I thought I did share the actual error (screenshot) but either way, I get that other providers also have issues. 

The problem is that they are all wrong in the end. Cloudflare is one of the biggest and most respected hosting providers in the world and of course, some bad apples host bad files on hosting setups like that. But it's wrong in my opinion to flag the entire domain for that. This means in the end that 99% of innocent clients have issues and the entire hosting service is rendered useless. Instead, only single URLs should be flagged if something was found.

But I doubt there is a solution.

1 hour ago, oliver2000 said:

The problem is that they are all wrong in the end. Cloudflare is one of the biggest and most respected hosting providers in the world and of course, some bad apples host bad files on hosting setups like that. But it's wrong in my opinion to flag the entire domain for that. This means in the end that 99% of innocent clients have issues and the entire hosting service is rendered useless. Instead, only single URLs should be flagged if something was found.

But I doubt there is a solution.

Hello @oliver2000

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

It's a discussion (you) need to have with Kaspersky's Virus Lab experts, as we previously advised, they're available to analyze & verify False positives, please follow *all* of this guide: Kaspersky application blocks my website or application. What should I do?

Thank you?
Flood?+?