A time limit that would account all devices [moved]

abu-khulzat

It would be more practical to make one time limit for a child that would be applied to any machine the child uses. Now if a child uses several Windows machines, you will have to set up a separate time limit for each machine. This is not practical at all. And if you want to change the screen time limit, you will have to go through each child's profile and set it for each machine in his profile. I have many children and several PC's, and I see how difficult and time consuming it is. Setting one time limit for a day is much more useful. The child can use any machine, but the time he spends on each machine will be counted towards the one time limit.

Hello again abu-khulzat, Thank you for the suggestion. Please follow the advice I provided previously: Log into your MyKaspersky account, https://my.kaspersky.com/techsupport#/requests/new Fill in the template as follows:
  1. Kaspersky Safe Kids for Windows
  2. KSK version, select the first available in the list (it's not up to date)
  3. Windows operating system version, example Windows 10
  4. Feedback
  5. I have a suggestion
  6. Description - enter what you've entered in your post
  7. Complete reCaptcha
  8. select "Send" to submit the request.
The automated system will provide an INC number. You'll also receive an email with the incident details and the INC number. After the logging, a followup will be done, via email, by a member of Kaspersky Web Email Team, usually within 7 business days. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

It would be more practical to make one time limit for a child that would be applied to any machine the child uses. Now if a child uses several Windows machines, you will have to set up a separate time limit for each machine. This is not practical at all. And if you want to change the screen time limit, you will have to go through each child's profile and set it for each machine in his profile.
I have many children and several PC's, and I see how difficult and time consuming it is. Setting one time limit for a day is much more useful. The child can use any machine, but the time he spends on each machine will be counted towards the one time limit.

Yes, this is definitely a big oversight from their side.
We started out by testing Parents Around which had this feature, I could set a time limit for each day and also between which hours they could use the devices. So for instance I could stop them from playing before school and so on. And the time was counted over all devices (Android and Windows devices) so if the time limit was 2 hours and they played for two hours on the phone all devices would be blocked (except for allowed apps off course).

There was another major flaw in it though but I can’t remember what it was.

• 7 months later...

+1 on this

yes, managing many devices for each kid can become a nightmare.

On top, kids are smart: after only one day my 9y old kid understood that when the “game” screen time is exhausted on his tablet, he can rush on his desktop to benefit from more.

I am on trial and was disapointed not to be able to set also a global screen time across the devices. It seems not a big deal to sum the screen time already collected from all devices.

Hello @jeepay,

Welcome!

Please follow the instructions provided in our earlier reply: submit a “Feedback, I have a suggestion” requests to the Kaspersky Developers.

As a trial user of the software you have no active Technical Support contract, however, that doesn’t negate the fact, the more requests Kaspersky receive, the greater the possibility the software will be “enhanced” to meet the needs of parents. 

Thank you🙏

Flood 🐳