reto haeberli

Unusable Systems afer trying to upgrade to 5.0.200

Hello

After I tried to upgrade the clients in the network to version 5.0.200 several machines become unusable.

They just reboot continously. Any workaround for this? I'm a bit upset right now because of this...

Well I helped myself and fixed the clients (8 of 52) with the windows cd which took quite some time.

Thanks a lot to the kaspersky hotline which was indeed very unhelpful telling me that i should write an email, hahaha. Damn do they think I volunteerly work on saturday evening or what...

btw the error was

STOP c000021a .... windows logon process ...

According to m$ a severe error caused by a third party application (kaspersky) which is not so easy to fix...

Yesterday, After Upgrade (Deploy) one of the groups (XP Home) to WS 5.0.2000, the Kav on this group doesn't work any more.

The Icon on the task bar stay gray, I'm getting a message that the AV functionality is not available, the service KLBMain will not start, and I can't make it work.

The only way to fix it was to go LOCALY to the WS, uninstall Kav, reboot and reinstall it.

I have about 400 WS, and luckily I maid a small test group of about 20 WS to see how it works.

Sent an Email to Kaspersky support and hope to get an answer soon...

I hope I don’t have go and fix locally all the WS…

:(

Try to do an uninstall via the adminkit and then reinstall 5.0.200 that way it worked here (you might have to reboot them manually shutdown /r \\machine helps).

Installing it over 5.0.177 killed 8 clients here. Be careful better stick to 5.0.177 for now.

Try to do an uninstall via the adminkit and then reinstall 5.0.200 that way it worked here (you might have to reboot them manually shutdown /r \\machine helps).

Installing it over 5.0.177 killed 8 clients here. Be careful better stick to 5.0.177 for now.

The only way I might have the possibility to remotely restart the WS is thru the Admin Kit .

Is it possible to do it after running the Uninstall?

The Agent works fine…

Uninstall didnt reboot if i remember correct but you should be able to do a reboot with the shutdown command i provided, it's included in windows...

Hello,

I have about 1800 workstations in my District and I also notice the same issues with .200 remote installs. It will fail and then at that point I have to manually uninstall.

Thanks

Uninstall didnt reboot if i remember correct but you should be able to do a reboot with the shutdown command i provided, it's included in windows...

Like I said - all the WS are privet homes (No Domain) most of them with XP, and I don't have any control over them what so ever - beside thru the Admin Kit.

Unless I didn't understand it right, and there is a way to restart them by using the "Kaspersky Network Agent" I'm stuck.

Well I helped myself and fixed the clients (8 of 52) with the windows cd which took quite some time.

Thanks a lot to the kaspersky hotline which was indeed very unhelpful telling me that i should write an email, hahaha. Damn do they think I volunteerly work on saturday evening or what...

btw the error was

STOP c000021a .... windows logon process ...

According to m$ a severe error caused by a third party application (kaspersky) which is not so easy to fix...

I have the same problem with 2 new Dell GX520 with XP PRO SP2 when i install KAV 5.0.200 Fr with the Server admin Kit (see over there: http://entreprises.kaspersky.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=732 ), if you have the solution contact me please

Excuse for my english, i speak french

Upgrading from any version in the 5.0.xxx series to v5.0.200 or v5.0.205 never seems to be perferct. For now, I've done quite some upgrades / updates from versions 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0.xxx; The only one that seems to work flawlessly is the immediate upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0.200.

Allthough not officially confirmed, KL is suggesting for an upgrade in the 5.0.xxx series:

- De-Install / Remove your KAV Workstation v5.0.xxx first

- Then re-deploy your KAV Workstation v5.0.200 installation.

And please don't worry about the amount of work needed to be done for this kind of 'upgrade'. You can just double-click the Remote Installation for your old v5.0.177 (or whatever version in the 5-series) and then select 'Remove Product' option in the properties screen.

Thx for your help but this is definately no solution. We paid a lot of money for this software and therefore I expect it to be professionel. Obviously it isn't. And sorry KAV has been a pain in the a.. so far. Nothing as troubles. Email scan is still not working and it has a lot of other bugs and issues. I will change to a more professional product soon.

Also that noone of KAV ever replied to this says all for me.

Good luck with it, I'm done.

Upgrading from any version in the 5.0.xxx series to v5.0.200 or v5.0.205 never seems to be perferct. For now, I've done quite some upgrades / updates from versions 4.0, 4.5 and 5.0.xxx; The only one that seems to work flawlessly is the immediate upgrade from 4.5 to 5.0.200.

Allthough not officially confirmed, KL is suggesting for an upgrade in the 5.0.xxx series:

- De-Install / Remove your KAV Workstation v5.0.xxx first

- Then re-deploy your KAV Workstation v5.0.200 installation.

And please don't worry about the amount of work needed to be done for this kind of 'upgrade'. You can just double-click the Remote Installation for your old v5.0.177 (or whatever version in the 5-series) and then select 'Remove Product' option in the properties screen.

Thx for your help but this is definately no solution. We paid a lot of money for this software and therefore I expect it to be professionel. Obviously it isn't. And sorry KAV has been a pain in the a.. so far. Nothing as troubles. Email scan is still not working and it has a lot of other bugs and issues. I will change to a more professional product soon.

Also that noone of KAV ever replied to this says all for me.

Good luck with it, I'm done.

Reto

Jan gave you the solution to your problem and things like this can (& does) unfortunately happen to any brand. Your frustration understandable, but best option is to uninstall the installation you have and reinstall 5.0.200 + the urgent patch which you can download from the same page. :)

Hello

When this patch for french install?

Good question, atlas.fr.be. I would try to contact the french Kaspersky support, maybe they can tell you if it is ok to use the english patch in a french WS´installation.

International Support Service

English:

Tel: +1 800 803 2152 (or +7 095 363 42 07)

Email: service@kaspersky.com

For USA & Canada customers only:

Email: support@us.kaspersky.com

For UK customers only:

Email: support@kasperskylab.co.uk

French:

Tel: 0892 350 305 - 9.00-20.00, du lundi au samedi, 0.34€/mn

Email: support-users@fr.kaspersky.com

Support Web: http://support.kaspersky.fr

Kaspersky Personal Support, le Support à la Carte

En dehors des heures indiquees :

Tel: + 1 718 535 05 18 (or + 7 095 363 93 38) - 08.00-20.00 GMT, 7 jours sur 7

German

Tel: + 1 718 535 05 19 (or + 7 095 363 93 37) - 08.00-20.00 GMT, 7 days a week

Email: deutsch@support.kaspersky.com

You need to do the following: uninstall all versions of KAV. In Kaspersky Anti-Virus distributive  change the following in setup.ini: 

CmdLine=REINSTALLMODE=vaums REINSTALL=ALL RELEASE=1 LANGID=1 

to 

CmdLine=REINSTALLMODE=voums REINSTALL=ALL RELEASE=1 LANGID=1

Save the file and run installation. 

Should work now.

This actually did the trick here. Just in case someone else is running into this issue.

You need to do the following: uninstall all versions of KAV. In Kaspersky Anti-Virus distributive  change the following in setup.ini: 

CmdLine=REINSTALLMODE=vaums REINSTALL=ALL RELEASE=1 LANGID=1 

to 

CmdLine=REINSTALLMODE=voums REINSTALL=ALL RELEASE=1 LANGID=1

Save the file and run installation. 

Should work now.

This actually did the trick here. Just in case someone else is running into this issue.

Thanks alot, that did the trick for me also.

I had this problem doing a fresh install (actually version 5.0.225) on two workstations (XP Pro SP2). I suspect that some of the system dll's are overwritten by the install. I haven't had the time to explore yet, but i suspect that overwriting oleaut32.dll and olepro.dll with older (pre SP2) versions, will cause problems.

I hope that this will be fixed by KAV. I was lucky not to criple more than few WS in the attempt to evaluate the software. <_<

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.