• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
modesttreasure

Trouble Installing Kaspersky 2011

34 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I uninstalled Kaspersky 2010, which I had to do through the Kaspersky website because Windows Vista kept saying I needed "administrative access" to uninstall even though I have the only account on here to my knowledge. I uninstalled it, restarted my computer, and I put in the disc for Kaspersky 2011. It installed the updated 10.104...or whatever file that was and then I get all the way to the terms and conditions. I click "Install" and wait a moment.

Then, it pops up saying that it cannot install b/c my computer may be infected. I try downloading the AVPTool automatically but it won't download, so I went to the website it suggested and downloaded it there. I ran the scan and all it shows is that the scan was started and the scan completed with no threats. I don't have any anti-virus software on my computer b/c I'm trying to install Kaspersky and I did click to allow Window's Firewall to let it work. What should I do now?

download the KAV removal tool and run it http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812. It can be found in this topic. Then try installing Kaspersky again.

If you are still having problems post a GSI report http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

Thanks! I tried the removal tool and when I rebooted and tried installing it the process would let me go to the terms and conditions. Then, when I hit "install" it will act like it's beginning to load then pop up with the same message about being unable to install...you may have a virus...would you like to install AVPTool? I did that and scanned my computer with it but no viruses reported. I sent customer service my GetSystemInfo report and AVZ report. I went though regedit and there were no KL files. I tried removing it again and it said there was no sign of Kaspersky 2010 on my computer and I haven't had any other Kaspersky internet security or anti-virus things on my computer. I also clicked on the uninstall automatically function for AVPTool after it was done scanning.

I have been rebooting my computer as well. For some reason even after all of that it still won't let me load it. It says the same message "unable to install...may have a virus..etc". The only thing I haven't done is Safe Mode but only b/c when I tried it today it would lock up on crcdisk.sys and then it will act like it's going to safe mode (with the big pointer and black screen) but then the screen flashes after a few moments and returns me to rebooting in normal mode. I tried multiple times but the same thing happens. Other people have complained about it happening on Windows Vista as well, but since websites claim it could be a number of things I'm not sure what to try or what would cause my entire computer to come crashing down.

Sorry if this is information overload. Should I still try the GSI report on here?

Thanks! I tried the removal tool and when I rebooted and tried installing it the process would let me go to the terms and conditions. Then, when I hit "install" it will act like it's beginning to load then pop up with the same message about being unable to install...you may have a virus...would you like to install AVPTool? I did that and scanned my computer with it but no viruses reported. I sent customer service my GetSystemInfo report and AVZ report. I went though regedit and there were no KL files. I tried removing it again and it said there was no sign of Kaspersky 2010 on my computer and I haven't had any other Kaspersky internet security or anti-virus things on my computer. I also clicked on the uninstall automatically function for AVPTool after it was done scanning.

I have been rebooting my computer as well. For some reason even after all of that it still won't let me load it. It says the same message "unable to install...may have a virus..etc". The only thing I haven't done is Safe Mode but only b/c when I tried it today it would lock up on crcdisk.sys and then it will act like it's going to safe mode (with the big pointer and black screen) but then the screen flashes after a few moments and returns me to rebooting in normal mode. I tried multiple times but the same thing happens. Other people have complained about it happening on Windows Vista as well, but since websites claim it could be a number of things I'm not sure what to try or what would cause my entire computer to come crashing down.

Sorry if this is information overload. Should I still try the GSI report on here?

Kaspersky tech help is telling me to get rid of "kbdclass" and "kbdhid". Should I do it? I looked it up online and some of the online sites are saying that it's part of Windows Vista and should not be deleted.

Edited: Okay, the guy told me he got confused and not to delete them. He's looking over my system again.

Edited by modesttreasure

you can also post the GSI report here if you want, but since tech support is helping you, I would wait. If you still have a problem after tech support, then post the GSI report here (and still talk to them as well).

you can also post the GSI report here if you want, but since tech support is helping you, I would wait. If you still have a problem after tech support, then post the GSI report here (and still talk to them as well).

Ok, here is the GSI report. Sorry it's not in link form. I'm not sure how to get it to go to link form.

GetSystemInfo_KATTWOMAN2_PC_kattwoman2_2010_10_21_12_00_08.zip

Edited by modesttreasure

have you tried re-downloading the installation file?it may have been corrupted in some way,failing that try restoring your PC to before you uninstalled 2010,re -install 2010 cos things do get messed restoring something that has been uninstalled,restart,uninstall 2010 again then try to install 2011

gsi report: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...9a459356635a038

you need to clear out your C:\Windows\Temp\ folder

download CCleaner http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

or manually go in and delete the folders (the folders inside the 'temp' folder)

Once done reboot, and try installing kaspersky again.

Edited by Shinigami

It keeps telling me I have to upload it manually when I leave all check marks on. Hold on, I think I can get it to upload manually.

I uploaded it for you, so you don't have to ;)

you can also clear out your temp folder (C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\Temp\) with ccleaner if you like now, or you can try installing Kaspersky.

please post your results

Edit: also do a microsoft update.

Edited by Shinigami

Also, please install SP2 for Vista before installing KIS.

Also, please install SP2 for Vista before installing KIS.

That's odd. Does it not show that I have service pack 2 for Vista?

No, you last GSI shows only SP1. Which SP is shown by Windows?

That's odd. Does it not show that I have service pack 2 for Vista?

service pack 1 is seen

No, you last GSI shows only SP1. Which SP is shown by Windows?

That's odd...it is service pack 1. I just bought this computer last year, so I thought it would already have service pack 2 on it. I e-mailed technical support to see if I should go ahead and update it. He told me to wait and he's going to look over it again. I will try to update it if he says it should be okay to update it. I don't want to interfere with the testing unless updating it will fix it or not impact the results so we can still try to figure out what to do next.

Thanks!

Edited by modesttreasure

That's odd...it is service pack 1. I just bought this computer last year, so I thought it would already have service pack 2 on it. I e-mailed technical support to see if I should go ahead and update it. Thanks!

you can click on start-windows update and follow the shown steps to update

If you install kaspersky, then when you do the update you will have to pause the protection and exit kaspersky (This is from my experience from Xp SP2 -> Xp SP3).

If you have time now, just do that update (SP2).

If I update to Service Pack 2, will it alter the results of the GetSystemInfo or AVZ? The technician is working off of the SP1 results. I emailed him asking if I should update to Service Pack 2 and he said "Don't worry, let me check again". However, he may not have had time to read the message about SP2. I was looking on the back of the packaging and it says windows XP requires SP2 but it didn't say anything about Windows Vista service packs. However, I hope that's the main fix. I'm waiting for the technician's response to see where to go now.

Wait for the response.

Also, have you tried to install Kaspersky after clearing the Windows\temp\ folder?

Wait for the response.

Also, have you tried to install Kaspersky after clearing the Windows\temp\ folder?

I did, I think that was one of the first things we tried. We tried loading safe mode and safe mode with networking as well, but that didn't work b/c my computer kept freezing when it hit crcdisk.sys and then it would go to a black screen with a safe mode pointer, but after a few moments it would flash back to restarting in normal mode.

report back when tech support tells you what to do. (If you got installed or not)

Will do! But I'm getting aggravated b/c I'm using Gmail to stay connected with technician and now there seems to be a 502 Server Error on Gmail. Noooooooooooo!!! (*shakes fists melodramatically*)