XPCOM error in Safe money transfer with any website

Go to solution Solved by steve33,

I cannot open any website from menu safe money transfer, I get an XPCOM error. It has worked fine in the past but suddenly today I get the XPCOM error. I am not using a browser simply tryng to connect through Kaspersky. Can anybody help.

Edited by steve33

30 minutes ago, steve33 said:

If I cannot open any website from menu safe money transfer, I get an XPCOM error. It has worked fine in the past but suddenly today I get the XPCOM error. I am not using a browser simply tryng to connect through Kaspersky. Can anybody help.

Hello @steve33

Welcome back!

Please do the following: 

1. Create a System restore point, read: How to create a restore point in Windows
  2. Uninstall KIS, during the process (you'll) be given the option to save data & tick check boxes - do NOT tick any boxes EXCEPT Save License data - leave every other check box empty/blank -> allow the uninstall Wizard to complete & make sure the computer is rebooted.
  3. Download & install Kaspersky Standardhttps://www.kaspersky.com/downloads#update-product & read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ by Danila T.
  4. *Important* Shutdown the computer using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login. 
  5. Recheck original error: ' XPCOM error'? 
  6. IF any issues persist, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar

2 minutes ago, steve33 said:

Thanks for the reply but it don't explain anything to me just tells me how to delete and reinstall KIS.

Are you saying the problem lies with a fault in Kaspersky? 

Hello @steve33

You're welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra question!

KIS is Kaspersky's old software, it is no longer being developed or patched, it's just receiving Database updates until it eventually reaches EOL, no date has been announced as yet, by Kaspersky as to when that will be; KIS has been replaced by Kaspersky Standard. 

You have 3 options: 

1. Uninstall KIS & reinstall KIS. 
  2. Uninstall KIS & upgrade (Free) to Kaspersky Standard. 
  3. Contact Support. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks again. I can upgrade. Sorry to be picky but are you saying the error is directly related to the version of Kaspersky I am using or is this just a swap the software and see what happens. I ask because this error has been documented connected to Windows updates i.e. without Kaspersky involvement.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, steve33 said:

Thanks again. I can upgrade. Sorry to be picky but are you saying the error is directly related to the version of Kaspersky I am using or is this just a swap the software and see what happens. I ask because this error has been documented connected to Windows updates i.e. without Kaspersky involvement.

Hello @steve33

You're welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the extra question! You can be as 'picky' as you like - we don't see your questions as being 'picky'. 

Presumably you've confirmed all Windows updates have a Successfully installed status? 

The majority of issues that are related to old KIS & resolved by upgrading to the new software range - by uninstalling KIS & installing Kaspersky Standard - you are eliminating Kaspersky software as the root cause. 

IF the issue is with the *old* KIS, & you uninstall KIS & reinstall KIS - the fix may be temporary. 

The other alternative is to log a case with Kaspersky Customer Service - so they can collect Logs, Data & traces & analyse what is happening on your machine - all of which cannot be done here in the Community - due to privacy provisions - designed to protect all Community members. There's also a possibility that the Kaspersky Customer Service will tell you to uninstall KIS & upgrade to Kaspersky Standard. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
spelling

• Solution

Hi Flood,

Installed the Kaspersky Standard product and my Safe Money option is now running again. Many thanks for your help. It just goes to show what I have always said, Kaspersky Forum help is the best there is.

Steven

• Thanks 1