Windows Security notification issues

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Basically when installing Kaspersky I had to turn off Microsoft's Memory integrity for Kaspersky to run properly. However now that I have done that it seems that Security Notification center in Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is reporting it as a problem? I had assumed that installing KSC would inherit the memory integrity option and it would be reported correctly under Windows Security notification icon. I have attached screenshots concerning this issue. Also as a side note I have already submitted a report to Microsoft. Thanks

2022-10-21 (2).png

2022-10-21 (3).png

• Solution
2 hours ago, AntonyMagnus said:
  • When installing Kaspersky, I had to turn off Microsoft's Memory integrity for Kaspersky to run properly.
  • Now that I have done that it seems that Security Notification center in Windows 11 Pro 22H2 is reporting it as a problem?
  • I had assumed that installing KSC would inherit the memory integrity option and it would be reported correctly under Windows Security notification icon. 

Hello @AntonyMagnus

Welcome!

Microsoft's Memory integrity uses virtualization-based security that conflicts with Kaspersky's requirements to run correctly.

When the MS features have been turned off, to allow KSC to be installed correctly, KSC previously did override Windows, Device security alerts, however, due to a recent change by MS, that may no longer be the case: IF, KSC is Premium, not Free, please  log a case with Kaspersky support, fill in either Chat or Email, select Application malfunction, Other template, in the Description of the issue section, give a detailed history; include all screen print(s); support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Additionally, Kaspersky is currently reviewing their documentation as Memory integrity etc. is not explicitly stated. Also, the articles, in the KSC Online Help resource, all refer to Windows 10, 11 is not included, this has also been submitted for review.

About protection using hardware virtualization

About protection through hardware virtualization in Kaspersky applications

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1