Windows Defender

Don Cole

I tried to disable Windows defender with Windows, it says, "Control of Windows Defender has been taken over by Kaspersky".
 So, how do I disable Windows defender?

one way to do it, I figure, is:
1.Disable Kaspersky. 
(This I don't know how to do with this version  (21.3.10.391).

2. Disable Windows Defender with Windows.
3. Dowload blocked download,
4. Restore Kaspersky.

Does anyone know a simpler way of doing this or How to disable Kaspersky
Any help ap

20 minutes ago, Don Cole said:
  1. I tried to disable Windows defender with Windows, it says, "Control of Windows Defender has been taken over by Kaspersky".
  2. how do I disable Windows defender?     
  3. Does anyone know a simpler way of doing this? 

Hello @Don Cole

Welcome again!

This is the third identical topic you've raised??‍♂️

1. ✔️***Control of Windows Defender has been taken over by Kaspersky**** is what (you) are supposed to see✔️
  2. Read How to disable Windows Defender in Windows 10.
  3. IF (you) see "Control of Windows Defender has been taken over by Kaspersky", there's nothing to do, everything is normal, Kaspersky is working exactly as it should. 

Please stop raising duplicate topics.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Flood and Flood’s wife,

I tried to follow you’re instructions.  when I got to Virus and Threat Protection, my Window doesn't look like the one you show.  (Screenshot).

That's Ok, because I was able to disable Windows Defender with Winaero Tweaker.  Thank you for trying to help.

Kaspersky screen.png

15 minutes ago, Don Cole said:

I tried to follow your instructions.  when I got to Virus and Threat Protection, my Window doesn't look like the one you show.

Hello @Don Cole

Your most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

We're delighted the issue is resolved, well done?

All you had to do, was, in Windows security, Virus & threat protection section, select Windows Defender Antivirus options and disable / toggle OFF Periodic scanning.

image.png.b73ae59909233b41354c7d20b229c738.png

image.thumb.png.764490be57e4d91870cca33ed55e214b.png

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 7 months later...

Hi, I am having an issue with Defender periodic scanning re enabling itself at every reboot. I do not need this system resource. I even turned it off in group policy editor and it simply re enables every single boot.

Any ideas?

It seems to have persisted with a reboot by disabling tamper protection.

Note, this has only ever happened to me with Kaspersky, EVER. Before that I was using Malwarebytes and Avira and Defender never, ever re enabled periodic scanning on its own.

On 8/23/2023 at 5:53 PM, Berny said:

@Bav

Did you try :

• MSCONFIG → Disable WD at startup
  • MSCONFIG → Disable WD in the Services
  • Reboot

Also please see → How to disable or remove Windows Defender

There is no possible way to disable the service. it is greyed out. You can only start it if it's stopped.

This is the latest version of Win 11 pro.

As I said, I seem to have managed to keep it disabled for now by disabling tamper protection.

Startup items are not managed in MS config in Win 11, in fact it tells you to go to Task Manager in msconfig. There is no Defender startup task in my startup items. Microsoft are hiding it and making it very hard to disable compared to windows 10, however for some reason with Kaspersky it would re enable, which as said didn't happen to me with other AV. 

On 8/23/2023 at 6:46 PM, harlan4096 said:

I use Defender Control 2.1, although it is detected as RiskTool, still effective so far here.

I honestly just want periodic scanning disabled. I don't want to remove it or anything. If for some reason I ever exit Kaspersky, I would like Defender as a backup. It's always good to have a backup. But as it stands now, I don't even use it for 2nd opinion scans, I use Emsisoft Emergency Kit for that purpose. I used to use Malwarebytes for that purpose but Kaspersky won't shut up about it being incompatible, which is such nonsense, as I was only using the offline scanner part of it.