Where can I set the privacy/marketing settings [merged]

Eleco
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I want to review and manage the privacy settings of my Kaspersky products (Anti Virus and password manager). The option is not easily accessible, please explain where can I find it.

• Solution

Hello @Eleco

Welcome!

• For KPM, when the software is installed, the options are selected, if these options are not selected, the software does not install and, as of patch J, Kaspersky has made changes, please refer to KPM Patch J 'Data Processing for Marketing Purposes' issue
  • For KAV, it’s a little more complicated, when the software is installed, the options are selected, if these options are not selected, the software does not install, apart from Marketing, there is a choice to not engage in any Marketing, and there’s Kaspersky Security Network (KSN), which can be accepted during install or after the event - see video 1

Also, if KAV is licensed, the following options are available in the KAV Notification center - see video 2

1. ➡ Receive informational messages and advertisements from Kaspersky.
  2. ➡ Show information about special offers.
  3. ➡ Receive informational messages and advertisements after the current license expires.

video 1

Link

Video

Link

• Note: the KAV GUI has a different first screen

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resource:

KASPERSKY LAB – PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PRIVACY POLICY

I’ll try to find my way out of this, but it is very upsetting how difficult it is.

I totally agree on what you wrote here https://community.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-password-manager-15/kpm-patch-j-data-processing-for-marketing-purposes-issue-7957?postid=41381#post41381

the whole process is laborious, it’s not transparent & not documented. 

I’m very upset and cosidering moving my four licences to a different antivirus

• 1 year later...