When using Adobe Premier (video editor) - Kaspersky keeps telling me my Webcam & Mic is allowed - it is not plugged in!

When using Adobe Premier (video editor) - Kaspersky keeps telling me my Webcam & Mic is allowed - it is not plugged in!

The webcam is an external USB device and has not been plugged in for a month before installing the full Kaspersky Premier version

This is a constant very annoying pop up that happened every 15 seconds.

I never had it with the Kaspersky Internet version; just Premium now is being a right butt pain.

How do I find a setting to turn that off?

Appreciate any advice

Hello,

I assume you're talking about the green notification at the top that says something like "[app] is using the webcam/mic"? If not, please provide a screenshot of said notification.

If it is a green notification at the top of the screen, you can turn those off under Settings -> Privacy settings -> Webcam and Mic Control settings, although this is not recommended as you won't be notified if a potentially malicious application is using your webcam or microphone.

As a more secure workaround you can use Intrusion Prevention to deny microphone & webcam access to Adobe Premiere, and the notifications will not show up anymore. Of course, you can revert these steps at any time if you do want it to have access:

1. Go to Security -> Intrusion Prevention settings.

2. Click on Manage applications.

3. Find Adobe Premiere in the list, right click it and click Details and rules.

4. Give a click on Rights, and then scroll down to Access webcam and Access sound recording devices. Set both to Deny (red exclamation mark) on the right.

5. Click Save, and now Premiere's access to both should be automatically denied, getting rid of the notifications.

Edited by Crylune
clarification