WhatsApp web cannot send images when Kaspersky kids safe is activated.

Jui
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello @Jui

Welcome!

Please tell us:

1. Child’s device name (Windows, Android, MAC, iOS) & OS version
  2. KSK version
  3. Child’s birth year? 
  4. Has WhatsApp web sending images with KSK active, ever worked? 
  5. Post a full screen image of the “cannot send images” → show us what you see when it’s working & not working please? 
  • We’ll test the issue based on your information. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Thanks flood for responding.

1. Child’s device name (Windows, Android, MAC, iOS) & OS version? Windows 10
  2. KSK version? Ksk 1.0.5
  3. Child’s birth year? 2008
  4. Has WhatsApp web sending images with KSK active, ever worked? I just tried to disable web activity monitoring, it worked. After that I enabled it again it still worked. I continue to add on forbidden sites then suddenly not working again. After I disabled and enabled web activity monitoring, it worked again. Not sure what triggered it to not work though.
  5. Post a full screen image of the “cannot send images” → show us what you see when it’s working & not working please? First image failed, the sandwich image was sent via mobile it was ok. 3rd I tried audio it didn't go through again.
  6. also, I just realized most of the forbidden sites I added can still be accessed on Google Chrome. It is only  blocked on Microsoft edge. Is this a known issue? 

• Solution

Hello @Jui

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information👌

1. We tested, if WhatsApp web is accessed via a web browser, sending images just hang.
  2. However, we installed WhatsApp web application & images sent without any issues. 
  3. Which “forbidden sites”, provide a list please, we will test Chrome & Edge.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I just tried again.

I disabled web activity monitoring, close chrome, restart chrome, can send images on web WhatsApp. Then enable it back. Without closing my chrome I can continue to send. Once I close my chrome n relaunch web WhatsApp, cannot send images again. 

On forbidden sites on chrome, I can't block https://twitter.com/home

Thanks.

Hello @Jui

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the information👌

1. The KSK version 1.0.5 does not look correct → see image 1
  2. Close all browsers on your child’s device. 
  3. Add twitter.com Forbidden → make sure to Save the new rule. 
  4. Recheck Chrome Twitter

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Jui

For any ongoing issues with Whatsapp web, Chrome, please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the Application malfunctionOther template; Support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

▶ Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋