What's the nature of "SuperAntiSpyware" incompatibility? [Closed]

Bert
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Kaspersky AntiVirus 2019, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit During installation, I found that SuperAntiSpyware was marked as incompatible, so I uninstalled it and installed Kaspersky AV without incident. I see that Malwarebytes is not considered incompatible. Is SAS incompatibility based on an assumption that it's installed as a service that runs constantly and as such would conflict with the realtime processing performed my the Kaspersky AV product, or is there a more subtle problem that SAS introduces? When I used SAS, I used the free version and it was installed as a stand-alone program which (should) run only on demand, doing a one-time scan of software installed on the PC. My installation of the free version of Malwarebytes is uspposed to run the same way. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but even though Kaspersky AV is a very capable AV product, I'd like to be able to make periodic scans of my system with 2nd and even 3rd party products like SAS. Can I safely re-install the free version of SAS to run periodic scans, or should I just forget about it?

• Solution
Hello Bert, As you've already been using SAS, you probably already know, however, in case you don't, SAS publicy state https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=33, their software is compatible with Kaspersky, so, as Richbuff says, it will be good to your valuable feedback when the 2 products are run together. Please keep us updated? Thanks!

I installed the free SAS and ran a scan without incident. Later that evening, KAV ran a rootkit scan on its own and I ran my normal quick scan, both without any incident. The system has been shutdown and re-booted, again with no incidents or complaints from either product. It appears that whatever incompatibility the install process was complaining about is left over from earlier days and has been resolved. If anything comes up later, I'll certainly be back to talk about it. Thanks for the encouragement.