what is this "Trojan.Multi.LockedFolder.a" in "Kaspersky Lab Setup Files"?

Hi,

Today morningk, when i about th start using my laptop, i noticed a prompt stated about malicious object and asking the next course of action.

Without thinking much, i clicked disinfect option. After it completed, i realised that the Kasperksy is running a background scan, which i have turned off permanently. 

The malicious object with name "Trojan.Multi.LockedFolder.a" was located in "Kaspersky Lab Setup Files". However this object was never been flagged during my weekly full scan at all. The setting for my weekly full scanning can be seen on 2nd and 3rd screenshots.

Hence I was anxious wondering how long has this malicious object been sitting in my computer given that I never turn on the background scan option given there is no setting can be configured for this background scan except to switch on / off.

While I am pretty confident that my settings for full scan are on high end scanning setting but unable to detect this malicious object.

Hence what's the underlying setting/option in background scan that need to be turn on in full scan setting so that such malicious object can be detected in future?

Please advice.

Thanks

20240326_070536.png

20240326_171304.png

20240326_171440.png

Returning from work and opening my home PC, I also got this trojan.multi.lockedfolder.a malware detection alert. I never had one... and I'm not doing anything. It just appears. What is this?

I have Kaspersky Plus installed

5 hours ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi IWAN, 

Looks like a false detection. Is there anything in Quarantine? 

Open Kaspersky -> Security -> Quarantine.

no quarantined file for me (I had performed the disinfection)

Hi,

Sorry for late response.

@harlan4096 I am using Kasperky Premium.

@Igor Kurzin nothing at quarantine at well. but i managed to extract the folder from my snapshot backup as shared in this link: https:// drive . google . com/drive/folders/1HFGqCFq80YIyVfGWqvKMrtLnddQNSS0U?usp=sharing