Web monitoring blocks all searches???

Roselyn

Hello sir/madaam,

I’m writing this because I’m planning to get the subscription on Kaspersky Safe Kids but before I do I did a 7 day trial and found a problem. On the “web monitoring” set to “on” one of my kids starts doing her home schooling on her Windows 10 laptop, all of her searches for some reason got “blocked” even though all of her “RESTRICTIONS FOR WEBSITE CATEGORIES” have been set to “ALLOWED”. She missed her exam and by the time I was able to turn OFF the “WEB MONITORING” it was TOO LATE! 

My big question is, at that they, she was searching for “BINARY FISSION” WHICH on google is means “Binary fission ("division in half") is a kind of asexual reproduction.” Now, why Kaspersky Safe Kids “BLOCKED” that since I allowed every website that I possibly can?? Now she FAILED that exam. I had to turn OFF “WEB MONITORING” to get that search through. SO but web monitoring is part of what we pay for RIGHT??? 

Is there a way that I can TURN ON WEB MONITORING just to monitor they’re (the Kids) activity and NOT FILTER ANYTHING OUT? Because in reality, there is NO one single parental control app that knows which is APPROPRIATE OR NOT? PLEASE INFORM ME PLEASE

ROSELYN

Hello @Roselyn,

Welcome!

1. Using your guidelines, I set KSK  Web activity monitoring, Restrictions for website categories  (every category) Allowed - image 1
  2. Search settings: Safe search✅ Safe Search on YouTube✅ Notify about searches on restricted themes✅ - image 2
  3. KSK - Child advisory screen - image 3
  4. Using Android - Google Chrome browser- result for binary fission search - image 4
  5. Using W10, Google Chrome browser - result for binary fission search - video

Link

Please tell us:

• 🅰 Your daughters age?  Some restrictions may be generically applied based on the age templates KSK uses.
  • 🅱 Export the KSK Report, image 5; save as a .csv file, attach📎 to your reply so we can assist please? Path is my.kaspersky.com/Kids/Summary 

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳

Thank you Flood for the responce,

Here is what transpired yesterday, the red indicates her search, but it got categorized as adult, and she got blocked unknowingly on her side of the screen, nothing worked for her, up until I completely turned OFF the “Web Monitoring”.

But today, I went back to turn ON the “Web Monitoring” but it did not block the search queries.  It still did indicate that its “adult” but for some reason it allowed it to appear on her side. See the picture below and note the date and time.

Both this cases, the same settings, ALLOWED everything, , just like yours on what you posted FLOOD. Even her age I indicated she’s 20 years old, I lied to the settings, she is really just 12yrs old, just to avoid this kind of situation,but it still happened, so I mean, it MUST be an “ISOLATED” incident that I don’t want to happen again. Because of the COVID-19 scare, my kids are all stuck on being home-schooled.

Thanks for the response,

Roselyn

Hello @Roselyn,

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for replying, the additional information & the images👏 . 

• I changed my parameters to match yours, child is 21😨 image 6
  • Web activity monitoring, Restrictions for website categories  (every category) Allowed - image 7
  • Search settings: Safe search✅ Safe Search on YouTube✅ Notify about searches on restricted themes✅ - image 8

• Using W10, Google Chrome browser - result for  The amoeba reproduces asexually, using this method which means to split in two search - video 2

Link

• The issue your daughter encountered was due to KSK Safe search filters which override the other settings, the word “sexually”, is what Safe search has responded to. 
  • Turn OFF Safe search, as follows: SEARCH SETTINGSSafe searchSafe Search on YouTube⬜ Notify about searches on restricted themes✅ - image 9

• With Safe search OFF, using W10, Google Chrome browser - result for  The amoeba reproduces asexually, using this method which means to split in two search - video 3

Link

Thank you 🙏

Flood🐳