Web conferencing being blocked

Hi, we use an application called Starleaf that gets installed in c:\users\**Username****\starleaf\starleaf.

On the newest version of Windows 10 and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.3.0773, Kaspersky is blocking access to the Webcam and Microphone.  If I disable Host Intrusion Prevention in the policy and push it out to the laptops, the application works fine.

This has only started happening lately - do you know how I can fix this without disabling the Host Intrusion Prevention completely?

Hello There,

Ofcourse, you can use it without disabling HIP. What you must is, add the specific application as trusted in HIP option.

Go to your KES policy « advanced threat protection<<host intrusion prevention

Then go to Application rights, search there you app or the process that uses your mic or webcam. You can use the wild card to search and pin point your application. Mark it trusted and apply.

thanks for responding.  I have got this to work by adding exclusions into Trusted Applications and Scan Exclusions, where I ended up excluding the whole folder (thanks to Isabel from support).

The question is why is this happening now on and only on certain machines when it was working perfectly well before for everyone.  I don’t like the idea of excluding complete folders

thanks for responding.  I have got this to work by adding exclusions into Trusted Applications and Scan Exclusions, where I ended up excluding the whole folder (thanks to Isabel from support).

The question is why is this happening now on and only on certain machines when it was working perfectly well before for everyone.  I don’t like the idea of excluding complete folders

If you have enable KSN in your client devices, When an application is started for the first time, the Host Intrusion Prevention component checks the security of the application and places it into one of the trust groups, data that is obtained through Kaspersky Security Network allows it to sort applications into groups with more accuracy and to apply optimum application privilege control rules.

These checks are performed every time the application is run, and it’s reputation is checked via KSN, if something is found odd or the version difference is found, KES may drop it to restricted or the default trusted group resulting the app to not work as you want it to.