Watch out for this phishing site / malicious site

Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Just a heads-up.  It looks like one of my customers has managed to find a phishing / malicious site that is coming up clean in Kaspersky and on virus total.  

She searched for a popular shop here in the UK with the search term “next online” in Edge / Bing search.  

The first “hit” which is an “AD” was for this site called next-eonline.co.uk which redirects to a malicious site telling the user he has a virus and to call a premium scammer line etc.   I’m not sure why it is not being picked up but wanted to let folk know.  It does not come up every time as its an “ad”:

Aplogies if this is the wrong place to post this - admins - please move to the correct place if you can? 

This is what you end up with: Sirens, Talking voice, Browser goes full screen, etc. etc. 

I was worried that it may be able to circumvent Kaspersky as she has that installed and it did not try to block and does not put a red mark against it (presumably becasue it is an “ad”.

When I tried it on my own computer it got bloacked by Malwarebytes (that I have happily running live with Kaspersky after adding mutual exclusions) so….. 1:0 to Malwarebytes on that one :-)

• The topic was locked