Version 2020: Frequently asked questions.

Will KTS 2019 update to 2020 on it's own? Im in australia.
Hello GunnzAkimbo Welcome again. According to the Lab, this is their advice:
  1. For major version updates, a notification alert should be visible in your Kaspersky application software.
  2. These are the Updating to the new version of the application guidelines: https://help.kaspersky.com/KSS/4.0/en-EN/93600.htm
However, 2020 ANZ (Australia) release was 07 Aug 2019. I've checked with some other folks in ANZ region, they haven't got a notification alert of any kind. They are manually downloading & installing 2020. Best regards:pray_tone3:

Will KTS 2019 update to 2020 on it's own? Im in australia.
Hello GunnzAkimbo Welcome again. According to the Lab, this is their advice:
  1. For major version updates, a notification alert should be visible in your Kaspersky application software.
  2. These are the Updating to the new version of the application guidelines: https://help.kaspersky.com/KSS/4.0/en-EN/93600.htm
However, 2020 ANZ (Australia) release was 07 Aug 2019. I've checked with some other folks in ANZ region, they haven't got a notification alert of any kind. They are manually downloading & installing 2020. Best regards:pray_tone3:
OK, just use the same serial number i guess?

OK, just use the same serial number i guess?
Hello GunnzAkimbo, Do you mean the license code? If that's correct, "yes", the license code will not change unless you are installing a newly licensed software that is not the licensed software you currently have. ****Before you update - log into your MyKaspersky account go to: https://my.kaspersky.com/MyLicenses#/ - make a copy of your license & activation info. ---- After installing Kaspersky software always do a full power off - shutdown, when the device restarts, make sure the application is active, run a manual database update, make sure it completes, then run a Full scan, allow it to complete. ----
  1. If "serial number" is something else, please post back so we can help?
Many thanks:pray_tone3:

All done, used this method:
  1. downloaded the 2020 web installer
  2. shut down all my running apps and all kts apps.
  3. Ran the installer, restarted
  4. Boot into windows,
  5. Done the second restart as requested by new kts install.
So all went smooth and updated to 20.0.14.1085(c)

• 1 month later...
Hi, So I visited Kaspersky home page to see what's new for the next version, and I a little bit confused when I saw the latest version is 20.0.xx while I only have 19.0.0.1088 (g) version. Does the 20 version will be downloaded automatically or I have to reinstall to get the latest version?

Welcome. I merged your FAQ topic to here. Please see the important topic, located at the top of the KTS section of this forum, and also please see this topic and its posts, and please see the links located at the upper left of this web page. You can either download and install on top of the old version, or uninstall the old version, then install the new version, or wait until automatic upgrade happens.