Vault question

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Windows 22h2 build.22621.1413

Kaspersky Plus 21.9.6.465

Hey folks, 

Is there a difference between Password Manager Vault and Secret Vault?  I created a Vault a while back using Password Manager, but when I scroll down, I see there is a Secret Vault section that has a Create Vault button, or do I have to click on the I already have a secret vault button and direct it to the location of the Password Vault?

31 minutes ago, templar said:

Windows 22h2 build.22621.1413, Kaspersky Plus 21.9.6.465

Is there a difference between Password Manager Vault and Secret Vault? 

I created a Vault a while back using Password Manager, but when I scroll down, I see there is a Secret Vault section that has a Create Vault button, or do I have to click on the I already have a secret vault button and direct it to the location of the Password Vault?

Hello @templar

Welcome back!

1. *HUGE* difference, two completely different things, with two completely different functions; 

Secret Vault is designed to protect your confidential data against unauthorized access. A Secret Vault is a data storage on your computer that you can lock or unlock using the password that only you know. You have to enter the password to modify the files stored in a secret vault. If you have entered an invalid password 10 times in a row, access to the secret vault is blocked for one hour.

If you lose or forget the password, you will not be able to recover your data.

To create a secret vault, the Kaspersky application uses the AES XTS data encryption algorithm with an effective key length of 56 bits.

If the FAT32 file system is used on your computer, you can create secret vaults no more than 4 GB in size.

Kaspersky Password Manager & Kaspersky Premium Password Manager: *briefly* -: Kaspersky Password Manager protects all your passwords and other sensitive information (for example, passport details, and financial or medical records) with a single main password. You can install Kaspersky Password Manager on desktop computers, laptops, and mobile devices running Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, or iPad OS to keep all your data safe and in sync.

If you forget your main password, you will no longer be able to access your data. In this case, you will have to create a new vault and protect it with a new main password. Then you will be able to add new data to the vault.

?Have (you) installed KPM application? 

When you "scroll down", do not click on the "I already have a secret vault button" *unless* you've already created a Secret vault as distinct from the KPM vault. 

?To reiterate, the Secret vault & the KPM vault have *nothing* to do with each other?

Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post back? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added *briefly*

25 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @templar

Welcome back!

1. *HUGE* difference, two completely different things, with two completely different functions; 

Secret Vault is designed to protect your confidential data against unauthorized access. A Secret Vault is a data storage on your computer that you can lock or unlock using the password that only you know. You have to enter the password to modify the files stored in a secret vault. If you have entered an invalid password 10 times in a row, access to the secret vault is blocked for one hour.

If you lose or forget the password, you will not be able to recover your data.

To create a secret vault, the Kaspersky application uses the AES XTS data encryption algorithm with an effective key length of 56 bits.

If the FAT32 file system is used on your computer, you can create secret vaults no more than 4 GB in size.

Kaspersky Password Manager & Kaspersky Premium Password Manager: *briefly* -: Kaspersky Password Manager protects all your passwords and other sensitive information (for example, passport details, and financial or medical records) with a single main password. You can install Kaspersky Password Manager on desktop computers, laptops, and mobile devices running Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, or iPad OS to keep all your data safe and in sync.

If you forget your main password, you will no longer be able to access your data. In this case, you will have to create a new vault and protect it with a new main password. Then you will be able to add new data to the vault.

?Have (you) installed KPM application? 

When you "scroll down", do not click on the "I already have a secret vault button" *unless* you've already created a Secret vault as distinct from the KPM vault. 

?To reiterate, the Secret vault & the KPM vault have *nothing* to do with each other?

Any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post back? 
Thank you?
Flood?+?

Cheers Flood,

Yes, the KPM is installed.  You've succinctly answered my question. ? 

Edited by templar
  • Thanks 1

• Solution
18 minutes ago, templar said:

Cheers Flood,

Yes, the KPM is installed.  You've succinctly answered my question. ? 

You're most welcome @templar

Secret vault(s) - protected data storage - are most useful if a computer is shared or there's a need to protect (your) data from a nosey person(s); KPM is an *application* with many functions. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?