Using web-based Zoom on new laptop and enabled something on Kaspersky that won't let me open the meeting

Help please!

I'm an online trainer using Zoom (note a user not a tech guru!). I set up my new laptop today with Windows 11. I use Zoom via zoom.us login as the host. I added the new computer to Kaspersky Plus, went into Zoom us. and clicked on a Kaspersky "alert box" that has basically now stopped me being able to open my own meeting. 

I have gone into Kaspersky-security-intrusion prevention...can't see Zoom there.

Waaah. What to do??? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TJS said:

Using web-based Zoom on new laptop and enabled something on Kaspersky that won't let me open the meeting

I'm an online trainer using Zoom (note a user not a tech guru!). I set up my new laptop today with Windows 11. I use Zoom via zoom.us login as the host. I added the new computer to Kaspersky Plus, went into Zoom us. and clicked on a Kaspersky "alert box" that has basically now stopped me being able to open my own meeting. 

I have gone into Kaspersky-security-intrusion prevention...can't see Zoom there.

What to do??? 

Hello @TJS

Welcome!

• IF Zoom is being accessed via the browser it will not show in Intrusion Prevention, Manage Applications. 
  1. Which browser please? 
  2. What was the alert in the Kaspersky "alert box" - what did it say?
  3. Have (you) run the Join Meeting Test? IF 'yes', did it work? 
  4. Look in Kaspersky Reports, are there any Zoom events that match the alertimage.thumb.png.76f6bc3b235e98fb91b2aa99d69bd899.png
  5. IF (you) do install the Zoom client, read: About application access to the webcam and microphone - make sure Zoom, Application Rules, Rights, Webcam & Microphone are both Allow                          image.thumb.png.aba8d486ed7c31d996251148970a4154.png
  • Also, we've tested Zoom in Google Chrome & with Zoom Desktop Client & Kaspersky Premium - with no Kaspersky alerts

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar😔 || added extra question & results of our replication test

Many thanks for your detailed answer - wow!

I normally use Google Chrome; the new laptop has Microsoft Bing.

Everything working fine accessing the meetings I have set up on my old laptop. No reports in Kaspersky on new one.

What happened was, I tried to access the meeting I have set up as a test on the new laptop. A kaspersky box flashed up about blocking ????? - I pressed it too quickly. So, from here. when I, as per normal, pressed start meeting in Zoom, the meeting will not start on my new laptop - it will on my old one! 

I am using a different Kaspersky activation code and account on my new laptop.

Any inspiration? I did wonder about linking it to my old activation code in Kaspersky as I have a couple of spare licenses..to see if that would resolve the problem. It was a pop up window in kaspersky that was the problem.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TJS said:

Many thanks for your detailed answer - wow!

I normally use Google Chrome; the new laptop has Microsoft Bing.

Everything working fine accessing the meetings I have set up on my old laptop. No reports in Kaspersky on new one.

What happened was, I tried to access the meeting I have set up as a test on the new laptop. A kaspersky box flashed up about blocking ????? - I pressed it too quickly. So, from here. when I, as per normal, pressed start meeting in Zoom, the meeting will not start on my new laptop - it will on my old one! 

I am using a different Kaspersky activation code and account on my new laptop.

Any inspiration? I did wonder about linking it to my old activation code in Kaspersky as I have a couple of spare licenses..to see if that would resolve the problem. It was a pop up window in kaspersky that was the problem.

Hello @TJS

You're most welcome!

• We TOTALLY understand there was a "A kaspersky box flashed up about blocking -> pop up window in Kaspersky that was the problem" - the *problem* is without knowing what was 'said' in that popup window it's impossible to know the root-cause of the issue? We don't have x-ray vision. We need to see what you see - to guide you
  • Why mess around with *other* licenses - are there *any* messages OR alerts in the Kaspersky PLUS main window that show *any* license issues? 
  • *Normally* when Kaspersky *blocks* something it logs the event in Kaspersky Reports - check again - in the actual Reports, go to the search field & type in Zoom - to filter any Zoom events? 
  1. Export Kaspersky Plus Settings, read: How to export settings *Do not Import at any stage - this is a backup only*
  2. Restore Kaspersky Settings, refer: How to restore the default settings of the application
  3. Reset Chrome: chrome://settings/reset - this is an important step, do not miss it!
  4. Exit Chrome. 
  5. Shutdown the Computer using Shutdown, NOT Restart, power ON by pressing the power button, login. 
  6. Make sure Kaspersky is running? 
  7. Start Chrome.
  8. Start / sign into Zoom in Chrome & BE READY for the ALERT - take a screen-print -> How to take a screenshot & post back (hide any personal information in the screenshot before posting); to post the screenshot in your reply - select 'copy' on the screenshot, then with the cursor in the text box, where (you're) typing the reply, press keys CTL V

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added: https://support.kaspersky.com/kaspersky-for-windows/21.17/82867