Use PIN instead of account password

Guest #4466

When I want to change something on my kids tablet KSK asks me for my Kaspersky account password. This annoying because my password is fairly complicated so I have to look it up every time. Why is the app not using a 4 digit pin like it does if I install the app in parent mode. That would be much more convenient. Thx Stephan

Why is the app not using a 4 digit pin like it does if I install the app in parent mode. That would be much more convenient.
Hello stephan1827, Welcome, Thank you for raising this issue:clap_tone3:. Agreed, when a parent has to input a x digit, highly complicated pwd, every hour, or whatever, they get "over it", very fast. Parent(s) should be able to access their MyK account with the 4 digit code, irrespective of the device they are signing in from. Parent(s), should be able to use the 4 digit code, combined with 2FA, if a parent(s) chooses to do so. Parent(s) should have a choice. This is not what suits the "experts", Kaspersky need to design software that's secure AND user friendly for parent(s). --- Your issue has been escalated & will be reviewed by Kaspersky Technical Experts (Russia). I will update you with their response. Please note, the review process, is not fast. Thank you and best regards.

• 7 months later...